Depreciations and Reasonable Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stain proof ones are good - until an iron etc burns them, a pet digs into them...

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      The stain proof ones are certainly worth considering but you don't have to pay 40 quid psm for them. Go to Carpetright and negotiate! You should get a very decent one for about £15-20 psm.
      Negotiate? Really? How much can I expect them to drop the price?
      Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have known one could negotiate in a big chain store.

Btw, the prices I mentioned are what I saw in my local Carpetright.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird View Post
        Negotiate? Really? How much can I expect them to drop the price?
        Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have known one could negotiate in a big chain store.

Btw, the prices I mentioned are what I saw in my local Carpetright.
        Blimey, you should never pay what it says on the label in carpet shops, even if it claims to be '70% off' or something equally ludicrous.

If you are fitting out an entire property you should certainly get a discount on the label price and a good deal on underlay and fitting. See:

http://www.carpetright.co.uk/type-ca...0-carpets.html

Also, it pays to draw your own plan on squared paper, find out what widths your chosen carpet comes in (usually 3, 4 or 5 m) and plan out yourself approx. how much you need. Carpetright estimators are usually pretty good, but some retailers can be very generous (ie wasteful) with the amount they say you'll need.

One of the more useful practical applications of GCSE mathematics!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by the-smiths View Post
          stain proof ones are good - until an iron etc burns them, a pet digs into them...
          The same damage would be inflicted by irons and pets on wool, or (for that matter) on cheap cord carpets.

I love stainproof carpets - you can chuck red wine around on light coloured floors with impunity.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
            you can chuck red wine around on light coloured floors with impunity.
            Or, as I like to call it, 'Friday night'.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X