Corgi Gas Cert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corgi Gas Cert

Is the 'Corgi Gas Certificate' registered?

If I was to loss it, would I be able to prove it was done?

Many Thanks

Colin

Ask the certifying engineer for a copy. Expect to pay a fee for this.

Comment

Sadly the certifying engineer passed away in November!!!

is there anything else I can do?
      Last edited by Colin Mustard; 12-03-2007, 19:53 PM.

Comment

Did engineer not leave paperwork re inspection/certification? Surely his employers must have it. Even if he was self-employed, he ought to have kept records (and does CORGI not require record-keeping anyway, to cover any dispute case or possible litigation within - say - six years of work?)
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman
          You should also retain copies of previous years tests just in case!
          You're legally obliged to do so anyway - not sure for how long: 2 years maybe?

Comment

Oops, just in time- put one in the bin today, best fish it out!

Comment

Is there a particular reason you need it? Is a tenant claiming it is unsafe?

Letting agent requesting copy

You should sort out a decent filing system so important documents like these are not lost in the cracks, if you have not already done so. You should also retain copies of previous years tests just in case!

It was burnt in a fire
              Also he didn't leave any paper work...Well, that was what his wife told me anyway

Comment

Is there a particular reason you need it?
                Originally posted by Colin Mustard
                Letting agent requesting copy
                Spoke to my regular CORGI gas engineer. He said to be perfectly legal you need to pay for another gas safety test right now.

If there wasn't a pressing need for a copy of the certificate the engineer also suggested, if the tenant had a copy and is not currently baying for copies and you know roughly when the last test was performed, then you could have the next test done at roughly the time you would have done anyway. Just keep quiet about the missing one.

Sounds like you'll have to pay for another test immediately.

Next time be a lot more careful with statutory obligations and documents. Ignorance is not a defence.

PS. Hope you kept the receipts for all this expenditure so that it can be offset against your tax bill…

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X