Section 21 posted - what next ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 21 posted - what next ?

I issued my tenant with an S21 notice now 3 months ago - they are hoping that the council will re-house them but as yet the council have nothing available - What is my next step to recover the property ?

You will need to apply to court, most councils will only house on a final possession. Otherwise they deem the tenants to have made themselves intentionally homeless. I am afraid that you need to issue court proceedings against them.

Comment

How do I go about that -- considering I'm not home a great deal ?

Comment

You need to contact your local court who will send you the possession papers. this costs £150 to get a court hearing. IF all your documents are correct then you should get possession 10/14 days later, you will then have to apply for a baliff, its at this time the council will rehouse.

Comment

Thank you - Is it worthwhile getting a solicitor ? as I work away & am seldom at home to deal with this

Comment

Solicitor

Not really worth it, phone the court to send you the papers, they are very straightforward and come with guidance, fill them in and send them back. If the possession date comes and they are still there, same procedure again for the bailiffs. I've just done this for the first time and found it very easy, if you take the papers to the court they will check them through to make sure you have done them correctly, they won't give legal advice though.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              MrShed
              I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
              20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
            • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              JK0
              Happy days! We can trade with the EU after Brexit then!...
              20-07-2017, 20:24 PM
              jpkeates
              That's two questions.

First, no.
              Second, no.

The EU trades with China on the basis that no personal data is migrated, same as the USA....
              20-07-2017, 20:23 PM
              JK0
              20-07-2017, 20:17 PM
              JK0
              So the EU requires anyone it trades with at the moment to comply with all the laws the EU complies with? Erm, doesn't most stuff come from China nowadays?...
              20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
            • RGI and housing benefit
              cdbe
              Hi, new to the forum and relatively new to letting. My situation is:

Couple view house, like it etc, seem OK to me. She's full time employed, he's currently unemployed but looking to start his own business as a tattoo artist. Still ok-ish. They pay me £100 holding deposit and £100 referencing...
              18-07-2017, 00:08 AM
            • Reply to RGI and housing benefit
              cdbe
              Thanks. I've binned them off. The ref co said what she earns won't cover it. TBH I don't know why I tried. I've offered her the holding deposit in full plus whatever I get back from uklandlord referencing.co (I paid them £140 - 110 for one reference and 1 year RGI and 30 for second reference, so basically...
              20-07-2017, 19:48 PM
            • Resident Landlord tenancy
              Rocky1001
              Hi all, need some advice please.

I'm in the process of letting my flat out but am struggling to work out exactly what type of tenancy I should be using, from my research I believe it should be a form of Excluded resident landlord tenancy but I can't seem to find a suitable template as...
              10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
            • Reply to Resident Landlord tenancy
              Rocky1001
              Hi, thanks for that, so would it make a difference if I offer shared use of the main bathroom and not just limit the tenant to their en-suite in their self contained section?
              Also can I ask recommendation regarding best way of handling council tax?

I assume their are existing templates...
              20-07-2017, 17:40 PM
            • Long Term Tenant - how to protect both LL and Tenant
              Paul4321
              Hi All,

I'm hoping for a little guidance. I'll almost certainly be following up with some professional advice but hopefully some folks here will have been in a similar situation and can offer some advice. I have done a quick search but not found anything obvious.

I already...
              20-07-2017, 10:07 AM
            Working...
            X