Incorrect section 21 notice issued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of anyone winning their case using the argument in this article?

Comment

Originally posted by tahmur View Post
      After spending my hard earned cash I just found a free link to the same article on another website.
      Doh! There's a lesson learned in web research. Glad you found what you're after.

Comment

Judge just threw my case out as wrong notice issued.

He was not interested in the article.

He said he had seen article before, but he was only interested in case law.

I will now have to start the whole process again.

Take note - ALWAYS ISSUE THE RIGHT NOTICE!!! AND DON'T RELY ON THE LETTING AGENT - DO IT YOURSELF!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear it. Of course the appeal court would appear to take a more pragmatic view of such a case and would possibly find that as the tenant has had far in excess of the minimum notice required by law, the court should issue the possession order forthwith, but as I am sure Jeffrey and his colleagues will tell you, noting in law is certain! The cost of appealing is also a significant factor.

I suppose that if you had been represented in the court by a barrister, and a senior one at that, the judge might have listened, but the cost!!

Oh well, better luck next time and a lesson for us all.

P.P.
          Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X