Final inspection and moving out meeting - might seem to be a daft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final inspection and moving out meeting - might seem to be a daft question

We are due to meet for the final inspection, moving out meeting this weekend, we have agreed the date and time.
    When the tenants moved in they were late, annoying but not too bad as we were waiting inside the house for them.(He walked in 20 mins late, he went to the shops for a hot bacon butty and a can of coke)
    They have already moved some things out, if they are late for the moving out meeting, can we let ourselves in, say 30 mins after the agreed time and start the inspection? I don't want to be hanging around but don't want to make any mistakes.
    Many thanks in advance

Originally posted by kangoo1 View Post
    can we let ourselves in, say 30 mins after the agreed time and start the inspection? I don't want to be hanging around but don't want to make any mistakes.
    If I understand you correctly then the tenants haven't returned their key and aren't doing so, ending the tenancy, until after the inspection, right?

In which case you shouldn't enter the property now, any more than at any other time during the tenancy. But if they're definitely moving out, then there's probably not a lot of bad that can come of it if you do enter.

Personally I wouldn't do the checkout until after they'd given you the key back; then you can organise the time for doing it convenient to you, and then if they are late or don't come (and they don't need to be there), then that's up to them.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, last time I did the inspection with the tenant and thought that this was best practise. What is your view?

Comment

Originally posted by kangoo1 View Post
        Thanks for your reply, last time I did the inspection with the tenant and thought that this was best practise. What is your view?
        Have a look at this thread from last week!

Comment

Interesting reading, many thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X