Periodic Tenancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periodic Tenancy

I have a tenant on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, which will revert to a Periodic Tenancy after 6 months.

Is there a standard letter anywhere that I could use, letting the tenant know that the tenancy is reverting to a Periodic Tenancy.
    I dont want to issue a new Assured Shorthold Tenancy, as I would no longer be allowed to keep the deposit with the changes that are taking place in April.

There is no need for a formal letter as if the tenant remains at the property after the fixed term the tenancy automatically becomes a periodic one.
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Originally posted by Worldlife View Post
      There is no need for a formal letter as if the tenant remains at the property after the fixed term the tenancy automatically becomes a periodic one.
      But still worth writing to the tenant briefly letting them the situation; ie that the tenancy remains in force as before, and explaining the terms of notice. Most tenants don't get it (especially if they've only ever been in agent-managed properties before ) and would start worrying they had no tenancy agreement.

Comment

Thank you for responding

Comment

Thank you for responding. I will send a letter because the tenant will expect something

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X