Court issued possession order and granted £6300 debt claim..now what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court issued possession order and granted £6300 debt claim..now what?!

Hi,
    I apologise if this topic has been covered previously....I have trawled this web site for some considerable time, and slowly got myself more confused!?

We took our tenants to court for non payment of rent and damages; of which the court granted us possession and acknowledged £6300 in debt, etc. Does this mean they now have a CCJ against their names or do I have to make further court claims - if so what is the process as I would like this debt listed?

The tenants have assets which we are keen to pursue against the debt they owe. What does this process involve and can it be done through, for example, the Governments 'Moneyclaim' online web site? Or is it best to enlist a solicitor or do I contact Bailiffs directly? I note there are several references to going to the High Court, but I cant seem to find any specific information regarding this.

I'm sorry about all the questions but I seem to be going round in circles trying to fathom out the legal details.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Regards.
    Steve.

The tenants will not have a CCJ until you try and enforce the court order.

You do not need to use moneyclaim online for the £6300 but if further debts arise you can use it, wait to see how you get on recovering the £6300 first.

Have a look at the sticky threads at the top of the board;-

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...the-HCEO-route

and

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...cement-Options

Comment

Have the tenants left your property?
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for your replies.

I will check the threads daveg - I thought that was the case with the CCJ so thanks for confirming that.

The tenants abandoned the property under the cover of darkness - and left a trail of mess and destruction - its been a nightmare and the insurance company are being extremely unhelpful! We have no clue where they currently are so we were going to use Findermonkey; as I think we need a contact address for them to take it further to reclaim costs?

Thanks again for any thoughts/advise.

Regards.

Steve.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X