periodic tenancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

periodic tenancy

a friend of mine is a tenant with a 6 month tenancy agreement which started on 23rd June last year. It therefore will have turned into a periodic tenancy as she has never signed a new one since.

She wants to give notice, does she have to give a month's notice ending on 22nd of a month or can it end on any date of the month so it would just be a month from when the landlord would receive the letter.

Shona
    I'm trying to raise awareness of Myotonic Dystrophy, Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) and In vitro fertilisation (IVF). Follow my PGD blog and please pass it on to any one you know who has an interest in PGD or IVF.

Originally posted by arusha View Post
    a friend of mine is a tenant with a 6 month tenancy agreement which started on 23rd June last year. It therefore will have turned into a periodic tenancy as she has never signed a new one since.

She wants to give notice, does she have to give a month's notice ending on 22nd of a month or can it end on any date of the month so it would just be a month from when the landlord would receive the letter.

Shona
    On 231206, a new periodic tenancy began: and so on each 23rd day of each month.
    T can terminate by giving one month's notice at any point BUT termination effective only at end of one such period (ie 22nd of any month).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X