sending copy rent accounts before going to court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending copy rent accounts before going to court

I'm going to court on 13th March to evict a very nice lady under a section 8who simply doesn't pay her rent :-(. I'm aware that I've got to provide her with an up to date rent statement 5 days before the court date. However that's not too clear! Is it 5 working days before the case or 5 days cumulative? Does the paperwork have to be in her hand 5 days before the case or is that the date I have to post it? Does it need to be up to date to the fifth day before the case or is there some wiggle room? Aaaaargh this is driving me potty. With my luck I'll bet the judge throws it out on some technicality :-(

Send to the defendant by recorded first class post IMMEDIATELY (or deliver by hand) and copy to the Court.

If a rental payment is due between now and the Court hearing you could put this on the account but be prepared to inform the Court if a payment is received between the date of the statement and the date of the hearing.
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Cheers, will do!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Unlicensed and HMO and room size
        by DPT57
        Actually I think the room size regulations in the Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (Mandatory Conditions of Licences)(England) Regulations 2018 are limited to licensable HMOs. The Part X Housing Act 1985 space standards would apply, but I believe that in these, a room that is smaller than...
        25-01-2022, 17:15 PM
      • Unlicensed and HMO and room size
        by zrux
        My area doesn't need a HMO licence for 4 bed property. The license is only reqd for a 5 bed and more.

I have a 4 bed property which I rent out to students as a 3 bedroom house. The 4th bedroom size is bit less than 6.51 sq meters reqd for a HMO license and as a result I have never allowed...
        25-01-2022, 14:11 PM
      • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
        by theartfullodger
        IHT and/or CGT exposure?
        25-01-2022, 17:05 PM
      • Inherited a few rentals
        by Landlord7289
        Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
        25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
      • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
        by theartfullodger
        Serve (yourself) s8 for arrears today.

Sounds like in addition to agent lack-of-perfection the Tenant hasn't heard the message.

Can we assume you'll provide no reference or only a full, honest one, and will instruct agent to do likewise?

Have you formally gone...
        25-01-2022, 17:04 PM
      • Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
        by Beeble
        We rented a flat out with the local branch of a national estate agent. They were charging a very low fee (that should’ve had my alarm bells ringing) and had a tenant immediately available. This was Dec2020/Jan2021 and the tenancy paperwork they sent to me was minimal.

Tenant moved in...
        25-01-2022, 15:37 PM
      • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
        by jpkeates
        This is pretty much me, although my agent is very good and doesn't need much "rein".

They have a high street presence, which tenants like (makes the agent more real) and have multiple people to answer phones.
        And they have a mostly female staff, which is a big plus for ...
        25-01-2022, 16:51 PM
      • Greetings, I Come in Peace
        by AVJ113
        Hello all, I am a prospective landlord. I will be arranging my first mortgage in principle today as a start to my evil buy-to-let empire. As a total newb, what would be the one piece of advice you would give after your years of experience as a landlord?
        20-01-2022, 07:24 AM
      • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
        by jpkeates
        Paperwork shouldn't be an issue in claiming unpaid rent.
        Unpaid rent is usually easy to prove - the tenant's paid some and has obviously been renting something.

The issue is usually that the tenant doesn't have the money they owe.

The lack of agent and paperwork will...
        25-01-2022, 16:48 PM
      • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
        by Hudson01
        As said above, unless being a landlord has been a childhood dream (weird if it were), i vote to sell and move on. A lot of experienced LL's are selling up anyway due to a multitude of rubbish from the govt, in your position, simply reap the reward of your late fathers good financial decisions and enjoy...
        25-01-2022, 16:44 PM
      Working...
      X