References & Admin Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References & Admin Fees

I have foreign couple looking to rent one of my properties. They have only recently found employment, do not have a previous UK landlord and have no UK guarantor. What do you feel is the best way to reference people who have recently moved to the UK?
    Also admin fees, what do you feel is highest amount you can charge for obtaining references, drawing up lease agreements etc?
    Can anyone help?

Originally posted by jenw View Post
    I have foreign couple looking to rent one of my properties. They have only recently found employment, do not have a previous UK landlord and have no UK guarantor. What do you feel is the best way to reference people who have recently moved to the UK?
    Also admin fees, what do you feel is highest amount you can charge for obtaining references, drawing up lease agreements etc?
    Can anyone help?
    Getting insurance re prospective tenants would be easier than referencing them. Try MARAS.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X