• Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    Perhaps the cat could rent the flat.

Leave a comment:

• r0b
    replied
    What happened with this did you get more interest/viewings?

Or have you just bought a cat?

Leave a comment:

• midlandslandlord
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    Because we are all paragons of exquisite taste. Why else?!
    Except ... ahem.

I have mine because it's easier to feed than a real one.

And I have a tenant with 9 dogs and need a break.

ML

Leave a comment:

• jta
    replied
    Originally posted by zcacogp View Post
    (An aside - why does everyone on here have a picture of a cat as their avatar? )

Oli.
    Mine is to remind me to buy food for the ferrets.

Leave a comment:

• Brb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    We don't.
    I don't like your avatar. Makes me hungry!

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    why does everyone on here have a picture of a cat as their avatar?
    We don't.

Leave a comment:

• westminster
    replied

(An aside - why does everyone on here have a picture of a cat as their avatar? )
    Because cats rule the internet.

Leave a comment:

• zcacogp
    replied
    Ah. Thanks. I clearly need to line Millie up in front of the fotoapparat then!

Oli.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied

Oli.
    Because we are all paragons of exquisite taste. Why else?!

Leave a comment:

• zcacogp
    replied
    Thank you ML.

Yes, I agree. But those are a feature of having the advertising done by Visum and is part of the template you are given to fill in. Even the entries you can choose are pre-chosen, you just tick the applicable ones on a list.

Oli.

Leave a comment:

• midlandslandlord
    replied
    Like the new ad.

The weak spot is the bullet point list at the top.

ML

Leave a comment:

• zcacogp
    replied
    Westminster,

Thanks you, and thanks for your suggestions.

Oli.

Leave a comment:

• westminster
    replied
    Much better esp. photos of the living room and the new bedroom photo.

Leave a comment:

• zcacogp
    replied
    Just checked, the updated advert is up.

Comments welcomed - thanks.

Oli.

Leave a comment:

• zcacogp
    replied
    Guys,

Lots more great answers. Thanks to everyone who has provided such useful feedback.

I have tried to take into account the feedback I have had here. There is now a floorplan and each room has dimensions listed as well as area. I have started again from scratch with the wording of the advert, with each room listed separately (I followed your excellent post Westminster - thanks again; it's amazing how much more you can find to say when you think about each room in turn!) There is now a lot more detail, as well as minor things like post and caretaker and I've tried to bring the 'secure' aspect out a little more as well. Many thanks to everyone who suggested I should emphasise the storage aspect - I have done so, with a photo of the cupboard in question.

I've updated the advert with some new photos, taken with a wider angle lens and with a different colour tone to them. You can follow the link in the first post, but I suspect it will take 12-24 hours before the changes are updated on the portals. I've also dropped the price a little more - now at £310 a week. I also updated the "Semi-furnished" tag to "Negotiable".

The flat doesn't have a parking space. It is the cheapest two-bedroom flat in the development, although it doesn't have a balcony. (The one that is listed with two bathrooms is incorrectly listed - there are no two-bedroom flats in the block.)

The furniture hasn't been changed, and I hear all the comments about it. However I stick by the notion that it's pretty much as you would expect for a flat of this type; it's not a luxury flat, and has let twice before without a problem with the same furniture in it. (Please don't read this as being dismissive of the advice given - it was all appreciated).

I'd suggest that it now has one of the best adverts for a two-bedroom flat in that development AND is the cheapest. I'll keep this thread updated with progress - and please do feel free to offer feedback on the updated advert as well (I'll be genuinely interested to see what you make of the revisions).

Thanks again.

Oli.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X