Long Term Family Tenant With No Agreement

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by homeless View Post
    just out of intrest

    would the son have any right to apply to the court to have rightful ownership of the property? I believe after 12 years of living somewhere without rent or a tenancy, or a court order being issued for removal, that the son would now have the right to apply to be awarded the property on the basis that its been abandoned.
    No, the occupation is by agreement!( this is a bit more complicated than that)

    Bel-whilst living?( inter vivos)


      "Inter vivos" means "between living people". Contrast a bequest or legacy.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


        As she doesnt want to kick him out, then he should realise the error of his ways and beg like a whipped dog for forgiveness.


        Latest Activity