downloadable assured tenancy agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloadable assured tenancy agreement

hi, i am new to this forum so hello to all.
    I need to draw up new tenancy agreements with my tenants (my old agreement dates back 20 years!) and was wondering where i can find a suitable document online that i can download(prefererably free)

Any advice?

Originally posted by kidsan View Post
    hi, i am new to this forum so hello to all.
    I need to draw up new tenancy agreements with my tenants (my old agreement dates back 20 years!) and was wondering where i can find a suitable document online that i can download(prefererably free)

Any advice?
    Re your heading: sorry to be pedantic, but do you mean:
    a. Assured Tenancy [ie Standard Assured Tenancy]; or
    b. Assured Shorthold Tenancy?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

sorry, should have been clearer. It's a :

Assured Shorthold Tenancy

Comment

thanks rigsby. That looks like good advice but there is a slight problem registering as the landlord is actually a company name which is not possible to register with (it asks for a 1st name and surname.)

Let me try a slightly different question. Can i use the assured shorthold tenancy agreement that i have from 5 years ago or has there been any significant changes that would necessitate getting a current form?

Comment

Originally posted by kidsan View Post
          thanks rigsby. That looks like good advice but there is a slight problem registering as the landlord is actually a company name which is not possible to register with (it asks for a 1st name and surname.)

Let me try a slightly different question. Can i use the assured shorthold tenancy agreement that i have from 5 years ago or has there been any significant changes that would necessitate getting a current form?
          A. You first stated "20 years ago".
          B. Lots of changes since 1987. Not many since 2002.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

See discussion on Lawpack tenancy agreement

In my experience I have found the Lawpack agreement clear and easy to understand by both the landlord and tenant.

It is available in a pack from leading stationers and the guidance notes in that pack are invaluable and will bring you up to date with current requirements.

I have not read an alternative downloadable AST that is so concise and fair to both parties.
            Vic - wicked landlord
            Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
            Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              MrShed
              I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
              20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
            • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              JK0
              Happy days! We can trade with the EU after Brexit then!...
              20-07-2017, 20:24 PM
              jpkeates
              That's two questions.

First, no.
              Second, no.

The EU trades with China on the basis that no personal data is migrated, same as the USA....
              20-07-2017, 20:23 PM
              JK0
              20-07-2017, 20:17 PM
              JK0
              So the EU requires anyone it trades with at the moment to comply with all the laws the EU complies with? Erm, doesn't most stuff come from China nowadays?...
              20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
            • RGI and housing benefit
              cdbe
              Hi, new to the forum and relatively new to letting. My situation is:

Couple view house, like it etc, seem OK to me. She's full time employed, he's currently unemployed but looking to start his own business as a tattoo artist. Still ok-ish. They pay me £100 holding deposit and £100 referencing...
              18-07-2017, 00:08 AM
            • Reply to RGI and housing benefit
              cdbe
              Thanks. I've binned them off. The ref co said what she earns won't cover it. TBH I don't know why I tried. I've offered her the holding deposit in full plus whatever I get back from uklandlord referencing.co (I paid them £140 - 110 for one reference and 1 year RGI and 30 for second reference, so basically...
              20-07-2017, 19:48 PM
            • Resident Landlord tenancy
              Rocky1001
              Hi all, need some advice please.

I'm in the process of letting my flat out but am struggling to work out exactly what type of tenancy I should be using, from my research I believe it should be a form of Excluded resident landlord tenancy but I can't seem to find a suitable template as...
              10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
            • Reply to Resident Landlord tenancy
              Rocky1001
              Hi, thanks for that, so would it make a difference if I offer shared use of the main bathroom and not just limit the tenant to their en-suite in their self contained section?
              Also can I ask recommendation regarding best way of handling council tax?

I assume their are existing templates...
              20-07-2017, 17:40 PM
            • Long Term Tenant - how to protect both LL and Tenant
              Paul4321
              Hi All,

I'm hoping for a little guidance. I'll almost certainly be following up with some professional advice but hopefully some folks here will have been in a similar situation and can offer some advice. I have done a quick search but not found anything obvious.

I already...
              20-07-2017, 10:07 AM
            Working...
            X