Damaged carpet ... by cats!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    Coincidence, that!
    I hadn't liked to be so indelicate, myself .

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Miffy View Post
      With the VERY GREATEST RESPECT, Minister (Was "Yes Minister" ever broadcast down under?) I don't think that ripping up a carpet is, by any stretch of the imagination, fair wear & tear. I am a soft touch on far too many things, but I reckon that would be too much for me. (In the OPs situation, I agree she might persuade me with her efforts elsewhere).


      That is hardly the point and is certainly not an excuse to vandalise the property. Why don't we just give the tenant a year or two rent free whilst we are at it, as the LL has clearly had far too good a deal out of the situation?


      You are assuming a lot. Maybe its my puritan methodist upbringing ;-)) but I expect carpets to last a good long time (both in my own house and my rented properties, before anyone asks ;-)) ) If the only reason to be throwing it out and going to the hassle and added void period of getting a new carpet was the fact that my tenant couldn't treat it with respect, I would be, um, mildly upset...
      Yes Minister: Yes we got it. It was very popular... loved it.

      But Miffy, you have set up a straw man argument, perhaps even ad absurdum. We are not speaking of intentional vandalism or complimentary accomodation(?). We are talking about wear & tear (whether fair or not is open to debate) due to normal life. Lots of people have pets, it's normal.

      The T has expressed a desire to put it right... fair enough to me.
      Now signature free.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by lorenzo View Post
        But Miffy, you have set up a straw man argument, perhaps even ad absurdum. We are not speaking of intentional vandalism or complimentary accomodation(?). We are talking about wear & tear (whether fair or not is open to debate) due to normal life. Lots of people have pets, it's normal..
        I think you are sounding more like Sir Humphrey than ever if you expect me to buy that (and its the last line about it being "normal" to have the carpets ripped to shreds that REALLY reminds me of his way of bending things rather than the first lines ).
        Originally posted by lorenzo View Post
        The T has expressed a desire to put it right... fair enough to me.
        We can certainly agree on that. What astounded me was the idea that the tenant might not have to do so at all if the carpets were of a certain age. Hope that reasoning won't get applied to me when I'm old(er)!

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Miffy View Post
          I think you are sounding more like Sir Humphrey than ever if you expect me to buy that (and its the last line about it being "normal" to have the carpets ripped to shreds that REALLY reminds me of his way of bending things rather than the first lines ).
          Hah! Perhaps I've been down here too long. Obfuscation is de rigeur in these parts. I would still prefer a couple of vandal moggies in one of my houses than your average brat, but that's just me.

          Cheers
          Now signature free.

          Comment

          Latest Activity

          Collapse

          Working...
          X