Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 21 (1) (b) form for you to use

Hi all

I have created a Word form to use when providing a S21(1)(b) notice and would appreciate comments from the experts on the site as to whether this is helpful/useful/appropriate for landlords to use.

If there are other bits of text of help that you feel should be added please let me know, I'll amend it and post the revised form for whoever wants to use it to download.

Couldn't attach the form, so here's the content. Obviously it's much better as a Word doc as it's formatted better, and has some help text included in the fields. If anyone wants me to send it over to review it properly, please send a PM.
    ________

Housing Act 1988 Section 21 (1) (b)
    as amended by the Housing Act 1996

Assured Shorthold Tenancy: fixed term

NOTICE REQUIRING POSSESSION

Name and address of tenant To:
    Tenant’s name
    of:
    Address of property
    Name and address of landlord From:
    Landlord's name
    of:
    Landlord's address
    Address I give you notice that I require possession of dwelling-house known as
    Address of property
    Date of expiry (see note 2)
    on:
    (see note 2) Date AFTER the last day of tenancy agreement

Landlord:
    Landlord: Landlord's name
    Name and address Address:
    Landlord's address

Signature: ___________________
    Dated: ___________________

Notes:
    1. On or after the coming to an end of a fixed term Assured Shorthold Tenancy a Court must make an Order for possession if the Landlord has given a notice in this form, even if the Assured Shorthold Tenancy has become a Periodic Tenancy.
    2. The length of the notice must be at least two months and, if given before or on the day on which the fixed term comes to an end, will expire on the date shown.

So, what do you think?

_______
    Disclaimer: I am not legally trained, the attachment is provided for information only and I do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the content.

Amend as follows (capitals show wording to insert)?

"...give you notice that, UNDER SECTION 21(1)(b) OF THE HOUSING ACT 1988, I INTEND TO APPLY TO THE COURT FOR AN ORDER FOR possession of...WHICH YOU HOLD OF ME UNDER AN ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY WHICH EXPIRES on..."

"SUCH APPLICATION WILL BE MADE on...UNLESS YOU HAVE BY THAT DATE QUIT THE PREMISES".
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I still prefer to use the printed S21 Notice from Lawpack to download versions from LandlordZONE or elsewhere.

For contents of Lawpack notice see my post number 6 in S21 Notice/s from LandlordZONE
      Vic - wicked landlord
      Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
      Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X