Professional clean for apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional clean for apartment

I'm requested by my agent to pay professional cleam of £336 (incl VAT) for my 2-bedroom apartment. Does it make sense?

You can clean the flat yourself or get in your own professional cleaners who will be cheaper. You do not have to use the agency's. The important point is the flat is in the same condition as when you first rented.

Comment

My agent didn't inform me about the professional clean but they arranged for that and recharged the cost to me. I refused to pay but they said it is always strongly recommended to have professional clean prior to tenancy commencing. And they claimed that the cost is a fair price. I can't believe it.

Comment

It depends on how big the flat is and how dirty.

The maximum a cleaner would charge imo is £15 per hour. The agent should have discussed this with you first though. I would question the agent and costs - a 'professional clean' is no more than a really good clean.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Was this for a professional clean at the start of your tenancy?
          What does your contract say about cleaning?

Comment

Cost depends where you are - London is very expensive and if the carpets, sofa, curtains were also cleaned I can see it reaching that figure. However they should have contacted you beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by marywong828 View Post
              My agent didn't inform me about the professional clean but they arranged for that and recharged the cost to me. I refused to pay but they said it is always strongly recommended to have professional clean prior to tenancy commencing. And they claimed that the cost is a fair price. I can't believe it.
              Are you the landlord or the tenant?

Comment

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

I'm the landlord and the apartment is in London. However, my apartment was newly bought and all furnitures, equipments and curtains are brand-new. It is the start of tenancy. I complained to the agent that they should have contacted me beforehand. I'm willing to pay for the cleaning service but I just want to bear half of the cost. Is this fair enough?

Comment

Check if according to your contract with them they had the authority to have this done at your expenses before seeking your express approval first.
                  If they hadn't, then offer to pay half as a good will gesture and make it crystal clear how you expect them to work for you.

It does make sense to have the flat looks its best to attract tenants.

Comment

Thank you and I'll talk to the agent.

Comment

I find this quite shocking. I would ask to see the invoice from the cleaning company before handing over any money.

Although, the agent may just withhold this fee from the tenant's rent payments.

Please look carefully at your contract with the agent and try to stop this happening to you again.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X