X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which possession notice to use? Help Please

Hi all,

Would appreciate your advice on this.

My tenants moved in November 2012 on a 12 month contract. However past 2 months they have been messing about paying the rent on
    time. Although they have paid the rent for the month ahead they
    have never paid the full amount on the agreed date, there's
    always been one excuse or another so we are having to go down 2-3 times to collect the rent in bits and bobs

It seems that this will continue and we can't afford to keep
    covering our mortgage from our own money therefore can you please advise whether this is grounds for possession and if so which
    notice to use.

Many thanks in advance

Rubz

Before the 12 months are up, you can only go through the section 8 route. Requires 2 months unpaid rent. Late payment could be a reason for discretionary grounds, but not really worth the hassle. And not 2 months into the tenancy.
    All views posted reflect my personal opinion only and do not constitute professional advice which I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to provide.

Comment

Thanks MSaxp, appreciate the response and yes I will see how it goes going forward and take it from there!

Comment

It's really annoying to have to go and collect the rent in bits and bobs. Explain this to your T (nicely!) and provide them with a standing order form (you can make one up or get one from your bank). Fill in the amount they need to pay. Explain that you can't afford to pay your bills if they don't pay the rent and that you are struggling. Give them an up to date rent statement showing them how much they in arrears.

It is early days but IMO it's not a very good start.

Look up how to serve a section 8 and a section 21 and be ready to serve them should the situation continue. Make sure you've secured the deposit and given the prescribed info (very important that bit).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X