landlord arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank-you that is helpful.

So, the landlord has given me a section 21 to vacate unless i can find over 10k by next week
    to stay on in the flat once my fixed contract ends on February 5th??

my deposit was protected 40 days after i paid it to them, he protected it after i moved in although not within 30 days, can i ask the landlord not give me this section 21 because he protected it late??

what will happen then after he return the deposit to me? he can give me a section 21 then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinkum View Post

If the LL does not return your deposit (regardless of the reason), you would still need to lodge a dispute with the TDS. The landlord is then required to submit the disputed amount to the TDS.
      This only applies to non-custodial schemes such as the TDS. If the DPS is used, the money is lodged there to begin with and the T or the L have to claim it back at the end.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by pawel View Post
        Thank-you that is helpful.

So, the landlord has given me a section 21 to vacate unless i can find over 10k by next week
        to stay on in the flat once my fixed contract ends on February 5th??

my deposit was protected 40 days after i paid it to them, he protected it after i moved in although not within 30 days, can i ask the landlord not give me this section 21 because he protected it late??

what will happen then after he return the deposit to me? he can give me a section 21 then?
        If you want to delay matters, you could not mention the late protection issue, let the landlord wait until the s21 expires, let him apply for a court order for possession (as you are not legally required to move out when the s21 expires - he must apply to the court to get you out), only to discover that the s21 is invalid. Then he will have to return your deposit in full and re-issue a new s21.

It buys you a few weeks or months, if that's what you want.

If there is damage/cleaning to be paid for at when you do move out,the LL can still try to get it from you via the courts, even if he has no deposit to fall back on.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Two related threads have been merged.
          I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by pawel View Post
            We only paid advance rent initially because, being from overseas I did not have a landlord reference and they would not accept my partner acting for me, being a conflict of interest.

Couldn't you have obtained a landlord's reference from your previous tenancies?

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...c-or-statutory

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...2-serve-notice

Comment

no landlord reference as i've never rented and they don't accept
              any reference from overseas

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X