Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat interim maintenance charges gone up

Hi, Please somebody give advice regarding this matter;-
    I bought new flat this year.When I rung today to pay my maintenance charge they told me charge £60 gone up.Also I have not received any conformation charges going up. I just like to know, do they can put charges up without let me know or I will refuse to pay the charges.

I would be grateful for your advice.Thanks

Charges are reviewed each year and may have gone up for number of reasons ask them to send you a copy of the budget on which the interim charges are based, to explain the increase.

You are entitled to withhold charges unless they have invoiced them to you with the summary of rights and the name and address of the landlord.http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...alid-%E2%80%9D

As you are posting in residential lettings are u renting your flat to a tenants - if so the agent or building landlord should have your address. If you haven't given it to them, then the likely explanation is sitting in your flat with your tenant.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to compensation for no heating or hot water for 2 weeks in winter?
      by jpucng62
      Providing heaters and a cash sum to pay for the extra cost running them will incur might take the sting out of the situation. I cannot imagine being without heating and hot water for 2 weeks!
      25-01-2022, 09:09 AM
    • Reply to Water Damage
      by Hudson01
      If i am honest i feel they have a point, they rented a bedroom not a lounge to keep moving their bedding in and out of for a couple of weeks, if you do give a rent reduction then add this onto the bill for the insurers. I assume that the lounge is shared by them all so what if the tenant who's bedroom...
      25-01-2022, 09:05 AM
    • Reply to Water Damage
      by jpucng62
      Put yourself in their shoes - they have lost their lounge and the tenant using it as a bedroom has lost their privacy. They are paying for something they are not getting and although it isn’t your fault it is not their fault either.

I would offer them something and try to get it back...
      25-01-2022, 09:03 AM
    • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
      by AndrewDod
      Well everything has a price. The price discount here may be to purchase at about 10% of the price of a similar non-problematical property if you want to take a punt on possible a very long term benefit versus a long term loss....
      25-01-2022, 08:44 AM
    • Reply to Water Damage
      by DoricPixie
      Keeping a soaking wet carpet in-situ until such time as the council can come out and inspect doesn’t sound ideal for either the tenants or your property. Have you contacted your own insurers?...
      25-01-2022, 08:42 AM
    • Reply to Water Damage
      by DoricPixie
      And if you don’t meet their demands by the deadline what exactly are the tenants going to do?...
      25-01-2022, 08:37 AM
    • Water Damage
      by Cheetah
      I have three 20-somethings in an ex-council flat in a block of six. A week ago they reported that the carpet and the furniture legs in the small bedroom had been damaged by water ingress. The tenant in that room had to move into the lounge. The council have accepted responsibility for the damage as...
      25-01-2022, 08:34 AM
    • Reply to What to do at the end of an AST period?
      by jtufty
      An update:

The tenant's partner has spoken to his support worker and theyve confirmed he will lose all his benefits if he moves in. So the tenant has decided to leave things as they are and wants to go into another 6 month AST.

Rather than continuing on a Periodic Tenancy,...
      25-01-2022, 07:56 AM
    • What to do at the end of an AST period?
      by jtufty
      Hi,

I rent a property. The initial 6 months of the AST ends in Jan 2022. The tenant is very nice and she asked yesterday if she can stay on for another 6 months.

Is it a simple case of just giving her another AST contract to sign? Im sure it is, but wondered if theres anything...
      28-12-2021, 08:35 AM
    • Reply to compensation for no heating or hot water for 2 weeks in winter?
      by L4NDLORD
      slightly off point you might think at first but stay with it.....i was doing up a fairly good flat on third floor of block and found the gas supply pipe had a smaller bore than as required for a modern combi boiler. So we chucked in a conventional system boiler rated at something like 7 or 8 kw and...
      25-01-2022, 04:44 AM
    Working...
    X