Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extention to let

Hello

My friend who is owner of one semi-detached house like to built an extension to the house and then to let the extension as studio flat. The extension would be single room with seperate kitchen and bathroom. Will it possible to let the extension as seperate studio falt/house. Please advise

Regards
    Riteshprk

Originally posted by riteshprk View Post
    Hello

My friend who is owner of one semi-detached house like to built an extension to the house and then to let the extension as studio flat. The extension would be single room with seperate kitchen and bathroom. Will it possible to let the extension as seperate studio falt/house. Please advise

Regards
    Riteshprk
    Are you asking about:
    i. planning legislation; or
    ii. title deeds' requirements?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Are you asking that it be registered as a separate unit? E.Q. Your address is 12 Glendale. The studio's address is 12 A. And, therefore, there will be a separate council tax banding for the studio?
      ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

No , I do not want to registered as seperate unit. I would like to include in example: 12, Glendale. No seperate address. And then to let the unit to third person is it possible?

Comment

Yes it's perfectly possible.

Can't comment about planning permission to be obtained in the first place. Have you gone through that process yet?

Comment

No, I don't have any idea about planning permission ? Is it necessary ? How to obtain planning permission. Is it the part of legal process? Please let me know in detail.

Thanks
            RITESHPRK

Comment

Well, the very first thing you need to do is contact your local authority planning department and their building regulations department.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X