Eviction Notice Grounds:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eviction Notice Grounds:

can you evict a tenant who is not clean ie does not keep the property clean, i know it sounds harsh but this tenant is really bad at keeping my property clean. at times i have to tell him what to use to keep the property clean and also since he arrived i have had an infulx of cockroachs and mice for which the local council delat with. so are there grounds to evict a tenant who does not keep the property clean. thanks

section 21.
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

thanks for the reply do u mean

i can evict under sec 21 on the gorunds of not keeping the property clean?

Comment

Originally posted by nask70 View Post
        i can evict under sec 21 on the gorunds of not keeping the property clean?
        S21 has no grounds. It is unconditional.

It can't expire before the end of a fixed term though, etc.
        Now signature free.

Comment

Or section 8, citing ground 12.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

But section 21 is guaranteed possession. Section 8 ground 12 is not!
            GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Originally posted by justaboutsane View Post
              But section 21 is guaranteed possession. Section 8 ground 12 is not!
              Yes- so? Better to have two strings to one's bow, surely?
              And s.8 works even during fixed term; s.21 possession operative only when/after term ends.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X