• MSaxp
    replied
    it did make me smile indeed

Leave a comment:

• Nix12
    replied
    Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
    Nix

A post like #19 is the reason people contribute to forums like this. Like yourself, we 'want to help' and I am sure you have made the day for MSaxp and even curmudgeonly thesaint wil be smiling now

(sorry sainty)
    I do agree it waas nice just to sleep and not have a horrible fear of pain that you get in the pit of ones stomach- as I said I never wanted to become a LL it was by accident following my parent passing..but the pain in the pit of my stomach seems to have gone away ( for now atleast ) .thanks thesaint -MSaxp !! ( though I did turn my mobile off and its still off ! )

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Nix

A post like #19 is the reason people contribute to forums like this. Like yourself, we 'want to help' and I am sure you have made the day for MSaxp and even curmudgeonly thesaint wil be smiling now

(sorry sainty)

Leave a comment:

• Nix12
    replied
    Originally posted by MSaxp View Post
    you need to start managing expectations there. Dont jump into the car and make it clear it is unacceptable. Also get some app to divert him straigh to voicemail. The agent doesnt sound that good if he allows that to happen.** I dont think the agent can do much more than keep requesting him not to ring me the agent cant force him to adhere to that request. The L/Agent can only keeping asking not to ring.**

As we say in my language, people do as they find. He knows you worry and panic and is taking advantage of you. If you want to stay in this business, start thinking rationally and calmly. Set some rules to yourself about how you will deal with different situations and stick to that.
    ** I think thats the best right of advice I have ever had *** thank you *** to think rationally and calmly is the key I feel that to him everything is a emergency and he must find it slightly amusing dragging a 30 something girl from her bed drive 19 miles to him, I must look a total state. My friend says that I am far to nice and I need to be stronger - but deep down I have never been like that I will always help someone no matter what - but as you say this is business and I have to adjust. If I can say last night was the first night in a long time I didnt think about the BTL or the Tenant and actually slept well..so thanks for that fantastic advice yesterday.

In reply to thesaint he has my mobile number I do recall a time when I was called out at 11 pm when he called me out because he wanted me to lend him £20 for gas- which like a idiot I did.

I feel that the advice form both you ( thesaint -MSaxp ) has been truley wonderful.

I have to stop worrying consently about the BTL.

Thanks guys

NIX x

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied
    The agent doesnt sound that good if he allows that to happen.

If a landlord asks "how high?" when a tenant says "jump", it is not the fault of the agent.

Leave a comment:

• MSaxp
    replied
    you need to start managing expectations there. Dont jump into the car and make it clear it is unacceptable. Also get some app to divert him straigh to voicemail. The agent doesnt sound that good if he allows that to happen.

As we say in my language, people do as they find. He knows you worry and panic and is taking advantage of you. If you want to stay in this business, start thinking rationally and calmly. Set some rules to yourself about how you will deal with different situations and stick to that.

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied
    Do they have your landline or mobile number?

Leave a comment:

• Nix12
    replied
    Originally posted by thesaint View Post
    Why are you taking calls in the night from your tenants?
    None of my tenants have the their landlords telephone number.
    Its not through choice that I take these calls I have told him countless times to contact the LAgent..who is great.

But still no joy. I suppose I get paniced into thinking something terrible has happended and answer.The LAgent has also asked that only they are contacted. But he has my number - not much I can do about that and he calls - when I asked him why all he said was it takes them ( L/Agent) ages to sort things out ( which untrue ).

My friend says the only reason is cause Im stupid enough to answer and jump in my car drive 19 miles in the middle of the night to the property as soon as I am called.

When the LAgent would just log the call and make arrangements for contractor to visit. The worst thing is when ever I get there its never anything important or that couldnt be resolved easily.

As MSaxp says worrying doesnt help. And what he said above is totally correct.

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied
    Why are you taking calls in the night from your tenants?
    None of my tenants have the their landlords telephone number.

Leave a comment:

• Nix12
    replied
    I am saying it normally wouldnt. but if for whatever reason the court decides otherwise, you will have to turn up.

No offense meant, but it sounds like this business is not for you. I'd say the same about myself to be honest. Worry too much.

I understand the tenant is a pain. What makes you think they will leave willingly? You mean after you serve the notice, or has he suggested he is looking to leave?
    No offence taken at all

I have become a accidental landlord not through choice.

I would totally agree with you - I feel a person needs to have nerves of steel to a point to be a LL and not take it to heart after all its business.

The tenant has stated he will leave as soon as he finds somewhere else so all being well and good.

Thanks for your kind response - I am surprized that you would worry looking at your posts you seem very knowledgable.

But the worrying is only due to this one gent the past tenants were all lovely and I have always worked with them.

I feel that this forum is a wonderful thing as it helps to think it may be bad but others have far worse situations to deal with. ( not that I take comfort from others difficulties at all )

But it also lets you take support and strength from others who have been there and done it a 1000 times ! Maybe I can beome like that one day.

NIX.

Leave a comment:

• MSaxp
    replied
    I am saying it normally wouldnt. but if for whatever reason the court decides otherwise, you will have to turn up.

No offense meant, but it sounds like this business is not for you. I'd say the same about myself to be honest. Worry too much.

I understand the tenant is a pain. What makes you think they will leave willingly? You mean after you serve the notice, or has he suggested he is looking to leave?

Leave a comment:

• Nix12
    replied
    I basically have had enough of the consent phone calls in the middle of the night complaining about silly things like not having enough money to put credit on the elc and gas meters and expecting me to credit the meter for him.

I have been called at most silly hours like once called at 4am! to complain that the roof was leaking when it was condensation on the window which dripped onto the window ledge!!..etc

Or the calls at 2.30am to say that the light bulb had gone

Or the call at 11 pm to ask to change the carpet as it was cold

Etc
    Etc
    Etc

I have become such a bag of nerves I am scared to turn my phone on and find myself just literally worrying myself sick to the point there have been times I couldn’t eat due to worry – let alone sleep thinking – is it going to ring again- what ever could be wrong now ? …all this in property I lived in for 15 years with my family with out any issues..

So hopefully he will move out and I can get my sanity back

Sorry MSaxp - I thought going down the Section 21 route didnt require a personal court visit as long as deposit was under scheme and all the dates were in order ? are you saying I would have to go to court ?

Leave a comment:

• daveg
    replied
    If you cant see the link in snorkerz signature google "tenancyservices" or call 0800 270 7747

Leave a comment:

• MSaxp
    replied
    Snorkerz has a link in his signature for his company. Very knowledgeable chap.

£875 sounds ridiculous. Its a thing you can do yourself and there is no defense for it, if the paperwork is in order. If it would make you feel better, you can employ someone to look and prepare the paperwork (i.e. like snorkerz). However, you still have to appear in court yourself. Any chance the £875 included a solicitor for the court? Still a waste of money IMHO.

May I ask why you want to evict your tenant? Is he giving you trouble?

Leave a comment:

• Nix12
    replied
    QUOTE SNORKERZ : The agent can also complete the necessary court paperwork. What they can't do is sign on your behalf - the claim is completed in your name and you must sign it. The agent also can not attend court in your place.

The only legislation that may possibly apply is the Legal Services Act 2007 (which restricts these acts to solicitors) but that is hardly new.

There are a number of companies (including mine) that can give you the help your agents seem to have withdrawn.

Does your company have a website at all Snorkerz I could view? I am hopeful the tenant will vacate by his own accord...but if not a section 21 - will be the next best thing - I have recvd a few quotes for the section 21 process - with one company wanting £875 (whose name escapes me - they advised me that it would difficult and complicated process hence the high fee)!!- Which seems so high to me?

Thanks JK0 -Mxasp-the saint for all your helpful words - it s very strange that they say something has changed - were as you all agree nothing has. And I honestly feel that you guys really do know what you’re on about. Maybe its to much hassle for them ?

Thanks so much - Ill try not to keep worrying myself sick about my tenants and hope that by Jan 2013 they would have vacated.

Thanks all-have a lovely xmas all

NIX

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Single parent renting
    by Hooper
    I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
    18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
  • Single parent renting
    by Dct
    A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
    18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
  • Reply to Single parent renting
    by Hudson01
    This may just be one part of it, as ' ash72' states there are a lot less rental properties now (and it will get worse in the future), rents have sky rocketed and a LL can simply pick and choose the very very best tenant. It has become even more important than ever to get the right tenant, this is due...
    18-05-2022, 19:40 PM
  • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
    by Hudson01
    As 'ash72' states you may be angry at the perceived way in which the landlord has treated you but do not mix the two up, If you wish to take on more stress after you have been evicted and may still be looking for a place to live...... which with a CCJ will be all but impossible, go ahead, but i would...
    18-05-2022, 19:14 PM
  • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
    by Forgetmeknot
    I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
    so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
    18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
  • Reply to Let a house to local council
    by ram
    If you are in flats, with service charges, the buildings insurance for residential Landlords insurance ( the Landlord of the freehold, that insures the building ) The insurance company may well cease immediately the insurance coverage.

It happend to our block of flats ( I was the Co. Sec,
    18-05-2022, 18:54 PM
  • Let a house to local council
    by r3drum
    Guys

Have a property which is currently marketed for rent ( 2 bedroom - fully renovated ). Been about 3 weeks and not had much interest shown.

Anyone got information or first hand knowledge around renting the property to the local councils or any other authorities which guarantee...
    20-11-2019, 11:58 AM
  • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
    by theartfullodger
    'phone Shelter 0808 800 4444 for advice.
    18-05-2022, 18:31 PM
  • Reply to Is my estate agent misleading me?
    by abimsalabim
    As I said in the original post, the deposit is NOT in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme but, instead is being held directly by the Agent....
    18-05-2022, 18:31 PM
  • Is my estate agent misleading me?
    by abimsalabim
    I am a Landlord and I have a company tenancy which has now come to an end. I did a check-in inventory before the tenant moved in and I have done a check-out inventory now that they have moved out, and there are damages to my property by the tenant. The deposit is being held by the agent and is not in...
    18-05-2022, 14:15 PM
Working...
X