Homecare Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homecare Agreement

is this not just like getting gas/electricity appliances insured at a steady rate?

I thought it would be a sure way to guarantee that if things did go wrong, they would be sorted by BG, and save me the trouble of arranging it myself (It's a long way away)

When things did go wrong, it went disastrously wrong. BG didn't want to communicate with th etenant, didn't want to know him, as the agreement was between myself and BG.

They managed to communicate just enough to alarm us, but to keep us sufficiently in the dark that we all were frantic with worry.

They did a rush job that left me with a huuuge repair bill, and no more tenant.

Is there a better way of doing this?

There are other (and better) service breakdown repair providers.
    I use a firm which used to be called Aon, based in Leeds, but I think that it's changed its name now- possibly "Homeserve". Try searching for it on ask.com.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Access to sheds
      by endymion
      Well, partly, but mainly I'm considering whether the sheds would have to be explicitly excluded from the tenancy in the AST. It's a question of what would be considered the default position in law....
      03-06-2020, 14:53 PM
    • Access to sheds
      by endymion
      Hi. We have been renting a flat for the past decade under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The flat is one of five in a single block. The back garden contains a large outbuilding comprising ten sheds. Implicitly, then, two sheds per flat. The inventory does contain the wording 'Garages, Sheds, Outbuildings:'...
      03-06-2020, 10:09 AM
      by endymion
      Interesting. I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Nonetheless, if the deeds stipulate that the sheds are part of the flat, rather than communal, surely that's quite a different matter....
      03-06-2020, 14:52 PM
      by MdeB
      I believe the OP is coming from the position of:
      • The LL has granted us the right, beyond the tenancy agreement, to use two sheds.
      • Would the law consider that having granted that use, the LL cannot unilaterally withdraw the use of those sheds?
      03-06-2020, 14:48 PM
    • Reply to Electrical Safety Certificate EICR
      by MdeB
      The Government guidance suggests not (under "What will the report show?").
      C1, C2 and F need action; C3 does not (C3 is "safe but not to current standards for new installations"...
      03-06-2020, 14:38 PM
    • Electrical Safety Certificate EICR
      by Ozzie11
      Hi

I noticed a new law means landlords need to arrange an EICR for new tenancies after July 2020 or before April 2021.

Please can I get some advice on this? I started a tenancy in May 2020 - this is due to expire in November 2020. However it is likely the tenancy will be renewed...
      01-06-2020, 10:42 AM
      by AndrewDod
      There may or may not be a lease in that case. But there might be. If there is a lease, then it makes no difference that the lessee and freeholder happen to be the same people. If there are no leases, I cannot see that you have any particular rights beyond the flat that you lease. The presumption in...
      03-06-2020, 14:30 PM
    • Reply to Mould/witholding rent/C19 eviction rights
      by jpkeates
      Yes, the tenants have to take reasonable steps.

But the OP didn't mention fans or ventilation and did mention opening the windows "when" bathing or cooking....
      03-06-2020, 14:25 PM
    • Mould/witholding rent/C19 eviction rights
      by Borischelski
      I wonder if I could trouble someone for advice, having recently become a Landlord for the first time ?

BACKGROUND
      A year ago I inherited a small 1970s one bedroom flat in Birmingham.

The flat was originally heated with a couple of electric bar heaters....
      02-06-2020, 09:37 AM
    • Reply to Mould/witholding rent/C19 eviction rights
      by MdeB
      No, you are telling them that they need to take reasonable steps such as removing excess water and ventilating the bathroom after showering.
      And, maybe, treating hte mould when it appears.

In my shower room:
      1. I use a "squeegee" to remove most water from walls, screen, and
      03-06-2020, 14:20 PM
    Working...
    X