Advice needed on tenant rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I've taken it on board and totally agree that I don't want a legal battle.

I can see why you feel I've been hasty, and if it was a different point in the year/situation then I might not have been this hasty. However the Letting Agents knew I wanted to move in before Christmas, I explicitly told them this. I agree that the agent's are acting in a reasonable matter however it still doesn't resolve the situation of me now not being able to move in until January.

In all fairness I've thought about this issue a great deal, and even when speaking to the Letting Agents I've made them aware I don't explicitly blame them however the situation is not acceptable one. The landlord speaks "broken English" according to the LA and seems very unsure how to proceed. I simply want closure on this matter, I cannot explain the stress it has put me under. I do really appreciate the comments and advice you have given on this situation...

Comment

You don't explicitly blame the LA, yet accuse them of misrepresenting the property.
      LA has not prevented you from moving in - he gave you the keys and arranged for repairs asap!
      Your decision not to occupy.
      Did LA provide a copy of the pre-T inspection report with the keys, for you to check. That is the Ts recognised basis for property condition at start of T, modified by later nec repairs etc.
      Anyone BUYING a house takes on all the deficiencies present at the time Contracts are exchanged.
      The LL in me feels you signed in haste and now wish to withdraw (for minor problems). I think a Court would allow LL to claim 1-2 months rent as compensation for your breach of Contract to occupy avail vacant property.
      If work was such a problem, why did you not delay your search until Feb/Mar? Have you just moved out of another property? Why?

Comment

Absolutely it's my decision not to occupy, however lets not forget the front door is insecure! Why should I move my property in when I know the door needs repairing. If anything was stolen I would be found to be negligent.

The la/ll have not provided any pre tenancy check despite assuring me it was in the welcome pack.

I had to move before Christmas for personal reasons not due to problems with previous ll or anything like that.

Comment

I agree with buyer beware to an extent...

But lets face it :

Electrical ...Shower was unsafe
          Gas ... Fire has been isolated
          Water... Radiators and hot water tap
          Security ...Door is insecure

I did not sign knowing these faults, if they had made me aware I would not have signed...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X