Is the Landlord responsible for fixing the dryer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
    Are you looking for facts, or opinions?
    I didn't know I could only have one or the other :P

Comment

Originally posted by 8086 View Post
      I didn't know I could only have one or the other :P
      That's the problem. The original poster asked a question about his responsibilities as a landlord.

The responses given should have been prefaced with an answer, or a simple "I don't know/care", and then their opinion.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
        The responses given should have been prefaced with an answer, or a simple "I don't know/care", and then their opinion.
        Don't try to dictate how people should reply please.
        I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
          Don't try to dictate how people should reply please.
          I am not trying to dictate how people should reply. Thanks.
          Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

I don't see how you could read the sentence I quoted any other way than you telling people how they should reply, and in that case what you posted is not acceptable.
            I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

The Landlord is responsible for wear and tear, the tenant for breakages. If you are renting furnished accommodation and you have included the dryer on the inventory then you are responsible for replacing / mending it. We normally go for cheap and basic and replace it with a new one if it wears out. If it shows signs of damage / or is quite new then we would question the tenant about the circumstances of the damage and it would be their responsibility to pay for it. (We had abuse on a 10 month old powershower once!)

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
                I don't see how you could read the sentence I quoted any other way than you telling people how they should reply, and in that case what you posted is not acceptable.
                I apologise for how you read it.

Originally posted by klaing View Post
                The Landlord is responsible for wear and tear, the tenant for breakages. If you are renting furnished accommodation and you have included the dryer on the inventory then you are responsible for replacing / mending it.
                This is not the case.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X