short hold tenency needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short hold tenency needed?

Hi I have a tenet that is buying a new build and is only looking to rent Dec 2012 until end of feb 2013. I need to issue them with a tenancy but do I issue them with a six month ash with a break clause in their favor or is there a shorter tenancy agreement I can issue them?

You can give them an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for as short a period as you wish (e.g. three months) but if they choose not to move out after the three months (e.g. if their new house is not ready) you cannot apply to gain possession via a section 21 notice until six months after the start of their tenancy at the earliest.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

If there is no issue with them if they stay over the alloted time, just issue a tenacy agreement for say two or three months.

If you require the property back anytime within the next six months, I would not give a tenancy.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X