Unprotected deposits & Eviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unprotected deposits & Eviction

It appears there is an anomally in the revised Housing Act wording that may allow landlords to commence section 21 proceedings using a s21 notice that was issued when the deposit was not protected.

http://bit.ly/Yz4eRm

The pre-April 2011 version had become almost useless due to case-law, could this one be heading the same way?

I think the penalties are too punitive, and hope it's the case where these ill thought out laws are challenged sucessfully.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
      I think the penalties are too punitive, and hope it's the case where these ill thought out laws are challenged sucessfully.
      Can't see this affecting penalties - just seems to be a potential relaxation of the sanctions.

Comment

It doesn't seem like a very important loophole; it only means that a LL might successfully apply for possession a bit sooner than he might have done. Or am I missing something?

Comment

I don't think you're missing anything but I think the delay in possession of 2-3 months is a worthwhile sanction

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X