X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two related threads have been merged.
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

A judge will not care who has lied or not lied. You want to have ammunition to go back at their main points: - As Westminster has said, there is no diminution in the landlords reversion. Fair wear and tear would make the décor obsolete through lapse of time. Furthermore any allegations in relation to damage can simply be mitigated because there was no inventory at the inception of the agreement.
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Thanku so much for all ur help. Forums like this have helped me loads. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by willygogs View Post
          Thanku so much for all ur help. Forums like this have helped me loads. Fingers crossed everything goes well.
          I'm sure you have nothing to worry about and it would be great if you update the forum with the outcome.

Comment

willygogs, your last post is incomprehensible as it does not gel with your OP
            You mention a deposit dispute action (separate story). Facts may be relevent.
            You claim no further ASTs signed after 2003, LL claims annual renewals.
            Who is correct? LL could have painted themselves into a corner.
            As for GSCs all you can do is report suspicions and provide supporting evidence, it is for Authorities to decide future action against LL.

Comment

No landlord hasnt claimed annual renewal?

Comment

Just to update my thread..... We lost our claim. The judge gave our landlords a good grilling and they stumbled and tripped up on many occassions. The judge dismissed there counter claim and said they could just keep the deposit as although he understood why we had decorated and he thought we had permision we didnt have written permission. He didnt seem to care the house had not been decorated in 8 1/2 years. So a lesson learnt to us!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Whos responsible for slow draining bathroom sink and black grout? Landlord or Tenant?
                  by Codger
                  I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
                  silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.
                  26-02-2021, 09:16 AM
                • Whos responsible for slow draining bathroom sink and black grout? Landlord or Tenant?
                  by Bounce
                  Hi

I was wondering if anybody could help me and tell me who could be responsible Landlord or Tenant?

One of my properties, the tenant has been in there about 2 years and normally has always called me direct for any little problem.

I then went through months where...
                  17-01-2018, 21:53 PM
                • Reply to Letting to LTD (Serviced apartments)
                  by jpkeates
                  You can't use a standard AST - a company can't rent on an AST at all.

The issue is that it's very easy for someone to close down a company and walk away from an agreement.
                  So the landlord is always at risk of that happening.

If that does happen - the lease comes to an...
                  26-02-2021, 09:10 AM
                • Letting to LTD (Serviced apartments)
                  by IanP19
                  Hi,

I've been approached by a local serviced apartment company with regards to letting my property out to them.

My property is located next to some rather large companies HQ so I can see why it's desirable. I've only ever rented to private individuals before is this something...
                  25-02-2021, 19:28 PM
                • Reply to Late protection of deposit
                  by jpkeates
                  First of all, the notice isn't valid.
                  It's not going to be possible for the agent or landlord to serve you a no fault (section 21) notice without returning your deposit to you first.
                  There's no need for you to tell them this and you can safely ignore the notice that they sent you.
                  26-02-2021, 09:04 AM
                • Late protection of deposit
                  by Sharloe
                  Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I've been a tenant for ten years. I wasn't aware if any deposit legislations or such laws throughout my tenancy. Yes, I know, my fault, excuse me for being ignorant of reading up my rights. It started as a fixed AST for 6 months and has ran on as SPT. It has...
                  26-02-2021, 05:27 AM
                • Reply to MCOL against me
                  by Section20z
                  Counterclaim for the cost of disposal, even if it's just £50
                  26-02-2021, 09:02 AM
                • MCOL against me
                  by royw
                  So my delightful tenant (who convinced me a tenant find service is a really stupid idea) moved out several months ago and has just raised an MCOL against me. Amongst other things he's claiming for the cost of artificial grass he laid without permission. Is there a defence that this is a 'fixture and...
                  24-02-2021, 16:42 PM
                • Reply to MCOL against me
                  by jpkeates
                  If someone leaves something behind when they move out, the landlord becomes responsible for making reasonable efforts to return it to the tenant.
                  As long as you can show you have made efforts to return the tenant's items, there's no possible claim.

If you still have the items, simply...
                  26-02-2021, 08:52 AM
                • Reply to DPS & no valid tenancy agreement
                  by Allotmental
                  Hi, thank you for that. It was reviewed via a senior adjudicator, then adjudicator leader and they both came back with same answer. I knew they would - protecting their own. Is a review and appeal the same? The adj leader came back and said I couldn’t appeal “per se”. I think your above comment...
                  26-02-2021, 08:43 AM
                Working...
                X