A string of problems with landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sherby997 View Post
    We've been in hospital for most of the day being treated for CO poisoning. I won't be returning to the house and will be calling EH in the morning.
    Extraordinary. Who took the battery out, do you know?

Comment

I think it's fair to say the landlord wouldn't be suing you for the rent if you moved out.
      What I would do is not pay rent, and pay the relative the money they lent me.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

If you can show that one of the battery were indeed removed, that's a very serious criminal offense, I would think.

Considering you and your family spent the night in hospital with CO poisoning, I would contact the police about that, and the EHO/Health and Safety Executive about the general CO issue.

It's quite complicated because my house is on his farm. So the LL is around everyday, I don't really want to get on bad terms with him.
        In view of your story, I find it hard to believe that you are not already in more than bad terms with him!

Comment

This is now a clear cut personal injury situation. You have a good case under negligence and breach of statutory duty. As well as a good case to immediately vacate and claim removal and temporary accomodation expenses.

Consult a solicitor asap and gather as much evidence as you can, notes, photos, records, get the police to have a look and explain the history and hosp visit to EH.

Take him for all he is worth!
          caveat emptor
          If it sounds like I know what I am talking about........I don't.

Comment

Just like in Coronoation Street but with evil intent!

OP, all the best for a speedy recovery. You are well out of that house. Hope you find a decent one soon.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X