BOND repairs and last month rent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOND repairs and last month rent help

i have been renting a house since 5 month ago when i moved in there was loads of repairs that needed doing was promised they would be taking care of, after 5 month no repairs have been done, the only thing that was done is bathroom as if he left it any longer would have fell through the floor he boyught the bathroom and we fitted it, the leaks we fixed, it left damage to the wall before we even moved in, there has previously been a dog in the property dog hairs embeded in carpets me and my 3 children are allergic told my problem, cooker was in the property when i moved in and smokes all the time they were going to take it away and leave me without one. the leak on top floor we fixed as they put a cup under to catch drips! we dont have any lights on top floor when i put a bulb in it popped and shattered in my hand and cut my hand. i have a radiotor falling off the wall, honest list is endless, previous tenant reported him and nothing was done, the window on top floor are SERIOUSLY dangerous they do not lock u knock latch and they open. i am terrified of leaving my kids unattended as they are all under 5. i am handing my month notice and am very worried i may not get bond back even though we have improved the property dramaticly. can i keep my last months rent and they use my bond as despite several reminders of repairs NONE have been done for mine my partners and my childrens safety to ensure we get another property asap also have photo proof and txts when i moved in and as of now PLEASE HELP

You should always pay the rent due.

Having said that the problems you are having should be reported to your local Environmental Health Office. They have powers to force the landlord to make the repairs needed. Ifhe does not cooperate it will cost him dearly.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Your bond should be covered by a deposit protection scheme and your LL should have sent you details of this scheme. If you read these details they will explain the procedure if you and your LL disagree over bond deductions at the end of your tenancy.

Comment

i have had no information of where my bond is etc, we have redecorated whole house and new bathroom fitted by ourselves, he has also been reported before by past tenants, and when nothing was done they moved out i only found this out several months into my contract

Comment

You can find out if your deposit is protected by emailing the three schemes using the email address Snorkerz provided, which slips my mind at the mo'.....anyone?

Comment

any advice is very appreciated, i will check those thank you.

Comment

Thank you, come again. (Apu).

Comment

i have been on the websites available thro dps and my deposits etc and none of them hold any information on any bonds for this property in mine or my partners name

Comment

stacey,

Did your LL show you an inventory when you moved in and if so did you agree with it? Did your LL give you permission to redecorate?

Comment

not as such no was a very brief contract,yes he gave us full permission to redecorate he was over moon we fitted bathroom suppose saved him money, the house was very run down and they said just needed a clean which was not the case as u see from above, last week they said they were comin out to fit new carpets due to holes off past tenants and nothing, also windows said they would get fixed as its a 3 storey and very dangerous for my young children if you knock them they open, and lights on top floor i have to use lamps to bath my children and for the rent we pay i think its disgraceful the conditions

Comment

So no detailed inventory with photographs.

What did the contract say - what was the start date and the length of the fixed term?

Have you got another place to live organised?

Comment

just a picture of front of property and basic 3 bed house with garage etc. was july for 6 mth.
                        we have not yet got another place sorted hopin to soon though

Comment

With no inventory LL will sruggle to make a case for keeping your deposit to cover damages but it doesnt mean he wont try and it might take a while to get it back. Has the LL hinted that he intends to keep the deposit?

Do you need the deposit for your next property? Do you also need a reference from your LL?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X