Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free quotation domestic appliance repair

Hi,

does anyone know the contact details of a company that will give a quote for fixing a broken appliance (e.g. washing machine) but will not charge unless you actually have the work done?

I used a company who did this for a property in London a year or so ago, but I have stupidly lost the name/contact details and cannot find them again despite internet searches etc.

Thanks

What's this about?

Is the washing machine in a tenanted property? Are you a landlord or agent? If yes to both questions, why are you wasting time like this?

Comment

Further details - repair or buy new machine?

I am landlord. Machine is in a tenanted property. Machine is 15 months old. I want to see if it is better to pay for repair or to buy a new machine. I don't want to call out someone to repair it and get charged e.g. £170 when I could buy a new machine for £200.

Why do you think this is 'wasting time'?
      Last edited by spogaz; 13-02-2007, 10:57 AM. Reason: add title

Comment

I would endeavour to have the machine fixed PDQ to keep my tenants happy and ultimately me. (Also less landfill.)

I would simply call the manufacturer's service line NOW and arrange a date and time which is suitable for both the engineer and the tenant/myself.

Remember, this repair is tax deductible.

Comment

Do you not have a copy of the invoice from the last time you used the said company? You should've kept it for your accounts.

If you can't find it might I suggest the local paper? The paper usually has a section offering services for the home and many of them state free call out!

Regards

J

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X