selling the house i rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selling the house i rent

hi, just wanted advice really because i rent a flat that has gone over the 6 month standard contract and is rolling over monthly. the landlord wants to sell the whole building. i wasnt aware of this until i had the agent ask if they could do a viewing with the new buyer. they have done this and have now just rang and asked if a surveyor can come round, i have agreed but the problem is the surveyor will only give a 3hour time window!
    im not going to book 3 hours off work so they can come round and survey the building when its of no interest to me.
    in this situation what am i obliged to do as this is all very inconvenient for me having to have people coming round and having to come home from work in my lunch hour etc.

Tell them you will only be able to do times that suit you. You're under no obligation to be helpful. Although it maybe in your interest to start off on the right foot with the new landlord.
    [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Originally posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
      Tell them you will only be able to do times that suit you. You're under no obligation to be helpful. Although it maybe in your interest to start off on the right foot with the new landlord.
      thanks, it doesnt bother me about the new landlord, hes already burnt his boat turning up at my door saying he was from the estate agents and needs access to my flat.... he was trying to come in for a viewing!! sneaky lying ****. ive already decided to leave once its sold because the new owner will want to do up the flat below me which is currently uninhabitable and that will cause too much disruption for me and my 4 month old baby. plus i will feel too vulnerable upstairs on my own with a baby and have to go past the downstairs flat to get in and out (this area isnt a good one and it was a plus point that i was the only one in the building).

Comment

What does your tenancy agreement state about access?
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X