Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from court hearing

Tenant showed up but guarnator didn't.
    Judge awarded me possession, arrears and costs totalling over £1600.

However judge said she only has to pay £50 a fortnight (she told the judge she was on the dole).

I tried to point out that there was a guarantor with assets and a job, but the judge dismissed this fact saying that particular of the claims were incorrect. (Don't know how else i could have done it - there is no actual section for guarantors on the claim form!)

Comment

Well done you! I hope she pays up as requested.

Comment

Well done. You would need to have a separate action to go after the guarantor as you were repossessing from the tenant. Guarantor pays on default of the tenant and if they don't pay you have to initiate court action against them (guarantor).

Comment

Originally posted by smandir View Post
          Back from court hearing

Tenant showed up but guarnator didn't.
          Judge awarded me possession, arrears and costs totalling over £1600.

However judge said she only has to pay £50 a fortnight (she told the judge she was on the dole).

I tried to point out that there was a guarantor with assets and a job, but the judge dismissed this fact saying that particular of the claims were incorrect. (Don't know how else i could have done it - there is no actual section for guarantors on the claim form!)
          Would you claim against the guarantor (only) if you wanted to claim against them rather than the tenant, perhaps?

Comment

The cheeky *** has called me asking to deduct the deposit from what the judge awarded.

When will we both get letters from the court to confirm the outcome of the hearing and how she agreed to pay?

Comment

Was the guarantor listed as a co-defendant?
              ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Paragon View Post
                Was the guarantor listed as a co-defendant?
                Yes, she was. Thats what i don't understand.
                Last edited by smandir; 23-03-2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I have just received a N24 General form of judgment from the court.

The judge said £50 per fortnight has to be paid by the tenant and said that the guarantor(who owns her own house) was not liable for some reason. However the letter of judgement came through against both the tenants and guarantors names.

The tenant was supposed to pay £50 before 4pm today, but she hasn't.

What are my next steps to recover the debt, bearing in mind the judgement has come through against both tenant and guarantor?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X