Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you pay for this new service?

Your tenant(s) pay late.

A few days, sometimes even more than a week or two.

They say they simply forget, they´re too busy - as if you weren´t! It irritates you to have to chase them - you have better things to do.

How would you like to have an automatic SMS (text) and Email reminder sent to your tenants as a reminder every month right before rent is due?

You set it at the start of the lease in 30 seconds, and then forget about it.

I know I would have appreciated that as a tenant in the past.

Would it be of value to you as a landlord to have this frustration alleviated?

How much would it be worth to you per month?

I´m interested in your thoughts. If enough interest I may build a solution to this.

Thanks for your feedback!

I take it this is not serious, but does sounds like a system I already have in place called the text message. When a tenant is 1,2,3 days late I text them to remind them, it's free on my month allowance on O2.

What about a system that communicates with tenants that are late in paying rent and reminds them to pay or asks questions into why the rent is late? Ah, I think this may have been done already too by Mr Bell (the telephone)..
    My opinions are exactly what you would expect, my own!

Comment

Tenants rarely 'forget' to pay their rent, they simply choose not to pay.

Most rents are paid by standing order, that only stops if the tenant a) has no money or b) the tenant cancels it. That system is used so tenants can't 'forget' to make their payment, so frankly I don't see much scope for you to build a business where landlords pay you for a service they or their agent already do for nothing.
      My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Comment

Originally posted by oaktree View Post
        Tenants rarely 'forget' to pay their rent, they simply choose not to pay.

Most rents are paid by standing order, that only stops if the tenant a) has no money or b) the tenant cancels it. That system is used so tenants can't 'forget' to make their payment, so frankly I don't see much scope for you to build a business where landlords pay you for a service they or their agent already do for nothing.
        Agreed. I have never forgotten to pay my rent and would get extremely annoyed at receiving a text each month with regards to it.
        I'm a good tenant with great landlords
        I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

+1

My tenants pay by standing order so 'forgetting' is simply not an issue. If a rent payment were not to arrive in my account, then a reminder text wouldn't help; and I'm sure it would irritate the hell out of most tenants to receive a pre-emptive 'reminder' every month.

(and I'd be expected to pay for this service??! )

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X