Section 8 wrong postcode on AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 8 wrong postcode on AST

I am about to serve a section 8 for 2 months rent arrears. I have noticed that the letting agent has put slightly the wrong postcode for the let property ie it starts dy5 not the correct dy4 on the tenancy agreement. I understand such details are important on notices so which do I use the correct dy4 or the dy5 which is on the AST. The address is otherwise correct

Use the correct postcode. The postcode on the contract is just a typing error, and has no relevance.

Comment

Also note that if rent is payable monthly, there must be at least two months owing and unpaid - this is not the same as 'arrears'.

See ground 8 schedule 2 Housing Act 1988

Ground 8

Both at the date of the service of the notice under section 8 of this Act relating to the proceedings for possession and at the date of the hearing—
      (a)if rent is payable weekly or fortnightly, at least eight weeks’ rent is unpaid;

(b)if rent is payable monthly, at least two months’ rent is unpaid;

(c)if rent is payable quarterly, at least one quarter’s rent is more than three months in arrears; and

(d)if rent is payable yearly, at least three months’ rent is more than three months in arrears;
      and for the purpose of this ground “rent” means rent lawfully due from the tenant.

Comment

thank you I will do as you suggest

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X