A Mystery and What to Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
    Time involved to get court order compared with spying . Discuss.
    No need to Discuss,this has already been flogged to death http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ion-or-viewing

All 252 posts to date
    Fed up with nitpickers and rivet counters...

Comment

I don't really see what spying will achieve, whatever OP discovers.

OP wants access to inspect, and since the T has changed the locks the only way this can happen (without OP exposing himself to allegations of unlawful harassment) is if the T cooperates or OP obtains a court order (either for access or for possession).

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_f View Post
        Curtains or blinds drawn all the time are a dead giveaway.
        All that permanently-drawn curtains or blinds 'give away' is that the property is probably inhabited by students.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Or by me. Or by someone with valuable art or furniture.

Comment

Thank you.
            Interlaken, he works and rent is paid by standing order. Self employed so no firm to contact. Other referees not helpful. If your sleuthing ideas do not involve the mafia, I would love to hear them.

Thanks Alan

Comment

It is finished. I had a letter saying that he has had to go abroad and tells me that I have the deposit. He has left before the end of the agreement. Keys have been dropped in. Upon inspection, the house is spotless, wardrobes and drawers etc cleared out and clean. No untoward evidence is seen.

Thank you for all your help, I believe that something was going on there that was not above board and that he may have run away rather than merely "Gone" abroad.
              Best regards

Alan

Comment

Well, it may not be an ideal end to a tenancy, but you seem to be happy with the way things panned out so that's great.

NOW is the time to change the locks (usually DIY under £20)

Comment

Originally posted by ohdearme View Post
                  It is finished. I had a letter saying that he has had to go abroad and tells me that I have the deposit. He has left before the end of the agreement. Keys have been dropped in.
                  Does the letter legally replace a Deed of Surrender?

I have verbally agreed that my tenant can terminate an fixed term lease early. Would a similar letter from him be legally binding or would it have to be a deed? If not does anyone have a template deed of surrender that I could use?

Comment

Originally posted by sanjaip View Post
                    Does the letter legally replace a Deed of Surrender?

I have verbally agreed that my tenant can terminate an fixed term lease early. Would a similar letter from him be legally binding or would it have to be a deed? If not does anyone have a template deed of surrender that I could use?
                    It is not as watertight as a deed of surrender, as I said above, it's not ideal but it should be enough in this case.

Do you understand the difference between a deed & a contract? http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...-Wales&p=36383

Your choice, but you can get a deed of surrender below if you want one.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X