Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbours making tenants lives hell

Ok

I have a Lithuanian family renting a house, nice family, always pay rent on time and keep house clean.

The Neighbours at the attached house are making their life hell. Music and shouting at night, multiple people in the house, Vicki pollards galore. I know the woman has had her five children taken away into care, there are also allegations of
    Prostitution and drugs from another Neighbour.

My tenants have asked them to keep the noise down and have been met with abuse and damage to their car. They now don't want to take things further with the council or police.

I have spoken to police and council myself and they tell me they can't do anything as I have no evidence regarding drugs and prostitution, and the tenants need to make the complaints.

My fear is that my tenants will move out, they have declined a contract renewal and are living month by month at the house, and I will be left with a vulnerable house that I can't let and a big mortgage to pay.

The Neighbours house is private rented on dss, but I have tried every agent and cannot locate the landlord.

Any suggestions as to what else I can do? To get these scum bags to go elsewhere, these people don't comprehend civil or fair.

It is possible you can find the property owner through the land registry website for £4. The address may be the rental address, but at least you will have a name.

Comment

Also see if there is a tenants and residents association (TARA) in the area and go to the next meeting.

Or contact the safer neighbourhood team and talk to them.

Also contact the council private sector team - in our area they are very helpful.

I'm secretary of the TARA where we have the majority of our houses and do find that it helps greatly.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
        by jpkeates
        This is pretty much me, although my agent is very good and doesn't need much "rein".

They have a high street presence, which tenants like (makes the agent more real) and have multiple people to answer phones.
        And they have a mostly female staff, which is a big plus for ...
        25-01-2022, 16:51 PM
      • Greetings, I Come in Peace
        by AVJ113
        Hello all, I am a prospective landlord. I will be arranging my first mortgage in principle today as a start to my evil buy-to-let empire. As a total newb, what would be the one piece of advice you would give after your years of experience as a landlord?
        20-01-2022, 07:24 AM
      • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
        by jpkeates
        Paperwork shouldn't be an issue in claiming unpaid rent.
        Unpaid rent is usually easy to prove - the tenant's paid some and has obviously been renting something.

The issue is usually that the tenant doesn't have the money they owe.

The lack of agent and paperwork will...
        25-01-2022, 16:48 PM
      • Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
        by Beeble
        We rented a flat out with the local branch of a national estate agent. They were charging a very low fee (that should’ve had my alarm bells ringing) and had a tenant immediately available. This was Dec2020/Jan2021 and the tenancy paperwork they sent to me was minimal.

Tenant moved in...
        25-01-2022, 15:37 PM
      • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
        by Hudson01
        As said above, unless being a landlord has been a childhood dream (weird if it were), i vote to sell and move on. A lot of experienced LL's are selling up anyway due to a multitude of rubbish from the govt, in your position, simply reap the reward of your late fathers good financial decisions and enjoy...
        25-01-2022, 16:44 PM
      • Inherited a few rentals
        by Landlord7289
        Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
        25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
      • Reply to What to do at the end of an AST period?
        by jtufty
        I hear you loud and clear! Periodic it is then! Cheers...
        25-01-2022, 16:39 PM
      • What to do at the end of an AST period?
        by jtufty
        Hi,

I rent a property. The initial 6 months of the AST ends in Jan 2022. The tenant is very nice and she asked yesterday if she can stay on for another 6 months.

Is it a simple case of just giving her another AST contract to sign? Im sure it is, but wondered if theres anything...
        28-12-2021, 08:35 AM
      • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
        by DoricPixie
        Why "in light of the minimal tenancy paperwork" do you think you will have a difficult time retrieving the money owed from the tenant?

As above, check the Section 21 is valid, see link to flow chart below. If the Section 21 is valid and the tenant is still in the property then...
        25-01-2022, 16:26 PM
      • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
        by jpucng62
        My property portfolio has always been managed by agents, originally through necessity (I was a long way away), latterly through choice (I don't want to be available 24/7). I use small independent agencies and I keep them on a tight rein - but it works for me! I like to have that distance between me...
        25-01-2022, 16:25 PM
      Working...
      X