X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkerz
    replied
    What is a professional clean?

Is it ChemDry at £87 for a 'lounge', or the bloke I paid £12 to last time I had a rental carpet to clean.

Both were 'professional' (ie they did it for payment & that was their 'job') but I'd never pay £87 for a 12 x 10, yet Mr £12 was a total waste of time.

In reality, a carpet 'professionally' cleaned at the start of the tenancy is likely to be dirtied by letting agents & prospective tenants, therefore, requiring the same at the end of the tenancy is likely to be betterment (even if only so slightly).

Of course, if you can't effectively define 'professionally cleaned' then you won't be able to argue that the tenant hasn't complied.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    My agent does on my student let.

OFT guidance is in OFT356

Leave a comment:

• midlandslandlord
    started a topic Professional Clean Policy

Professional Clean Policy

Given the debates about it, does anyone run a "Professional Clean Anyway" policy, stated in your agreement - perhaps with identified cost, done by an external contractor and paid for by T or out of the deposit - or variations thereupon?

What is your experience?

It could be argued that such a term would be unfair, but I'm not totally convinced by the argument, and I can see the merit in a standard policy at that level.

ML

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X