Tenant paying more rent than I'm receiving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant paying more rent than I'm receiving.

I've just received a copy of a letter sent by my LA addressed to my tenant regarding current rent arrears.

It would appear from the letter that the LA is receiving 530.00 in rental payments from the tenant and I am only receiving 500.00 (as per AST)!! If correct this has been going on for over two years and the LA is making a nice profit.

Before I tackle the LA do I need proof from the tenant that she has been paying 530.00.

My current AST is on a periodic can I insist that the tenant signs a new AST with the rental being 530.00

Is the tenancy agreement you have between
    you & the agent
    you & the tenant
    tenant & agent?

I take it you pay a %age out of the £500 to the agent - meaning you get less?

Does the agent not send you a statement with each payment?

No, you can't force the tenant to sign a new agreement - look at the word - they need to agree. There is a chance the agreement you have with the agent would prevent you sidelining them in this manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
      Is the tenancy agreement you have between
      you & the agent
      you & the tenant
      tenant & agent?

I take it you pay a %age out of the £500 to the agent - meaning you get less?

Does the agent not send you a statement with each payment?

No, you can't force the tenant to sign a new agreement - look at the word - they need to agree. There is a chance the agreement you have with the agent would prevent you sidelining them in this manner.
      The AST is between me and the tenant.
      The LA takes 10% commission off the 500.00 for their management fee.

I receive a statement each month from the LA to state rent is 500.00 less deductions i.e 10% management fee.

Comment

Then I think your first action should be to query the difference with the agent (politely). It may be a simple admin error in the typing of the letter.

If you are on good enough terms with the tenant, you may want to ask them if/when the rent was increased - and if they have any paperwork - copies of that would be useful if you do need to take any firmer action against the agent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X