Request my tennant to leave my property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request my tennant to leave my property

The tennants contract has expired and they are on a periodic and I would like them to leave the property as i would like to move back into it myself. They have been perfect tenants and is the best way of going about it, is to give them a Section 21 Notice - Periodic Term Possession document.

Thanks Mark

Is this an AST in England/Wales and when did the fixed term expire, please?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Also, assuming property is in England/Wales, did you take a deposit at the start, and have you secured in a deposit scheme and provided tenant with the prescribed information?

By the way, an S21 does not request the tenants to leave, it advises them that in 2 months time you will seek possession of the property. If your tenants are happy to leave, then fine, but if not, you then have to complete a court application to end the tenancy.

Comment

As LesleyAnne says, the section 21(4)(a) notice is only the first of a possible 3 stage process. It is essential that you get the notice and dates correct as judges will throw these out for even minor mistakes (we're talking about possibly making people homeless).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X