Social Housing - pets no fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Housing - pets no fence

Not sure if this is the right board but I live next to a social housing association house. New tenants have just moved in and they have a dog but there is no fencing at all to keep the dog contained in their garden. Should this be the case or am I expecting too much?

It may be the case that they are keeping the dog in breach of their tenancy contract, or it might be that they have promised to keep it inside...

If the dog is causing you problems (fouling, threatening you or your family), the obvious thing to do is to speak to its owners, their landlords and the council dog warden in that order.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Im not aware of any requirement for a fence. Perhaps you can build a fence on your property instead.

Comment

Originally posted by YesAdam View Post
        Im not aware of any requirement for a fence. Perhaps you can build a fence on your property instead.
        People with dogs have a reponsibility to give them a suitable environment and keep them under control under various laws. See the RSPCA website.

I take it you have asked them to build a fence?

Really, it should be solid and high enough so that el doggo doesn't see things that will get it excited unnecessarily.

If it becomes a real problem, it would be unfortunate were you to leave your gate open by mistake.

ML
        Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

Care to share the various laws, that require a fence and not supervision.

I am not aware of any requirement for Fences, especially one that is high enough to dwarf a dog.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Rent Rises in 2020
            by DPT57
            In my part of London there is no market justification for rent increases and imo increased individual landlord costs is not a reason to raise them....
            22-09-2020, 14:07 PM
          • Rent Rises in 2020
            by jpucng62
            I cancelled all my annual rent increases when Covid hit. Since then some people have really suffered financially and others haven’t. In addition LHA rates have increased substantially for anyone needing support which appears to have had the knock on effect of increasing the rent of properties now...
            19-09-2020, 17:48 PM
          • Renovation/Improvements vs Repairs / Maintenance
            by thesleepingdog
            Hello,

I am having A LOT of trouble with my LL who is continually asking to carry out improvements on the property. It is literally nonstop and it has got to the stage where I am utterly fed up and want to leave.

During my tenancy he has replaced all the windows in the house,...
            22-09-2020, 13:22 PM
          • Reply to Rats
            by ChrisDennison
            These are very interesting comments, one of my councils (South West) told me they had to stop these services unless in public areas.
            22-09-2020, 12:35 PM
          • Rats
            by ETB
            I have a tenant who has reported that he can here rats in the walls and ceiling of his 4th floor apartment. He says there are other complaints on the tenants facebook group. I have messaged the maintenance company (Name removed) but they are not replying. Just wanted to check who is liable, I'm assuming...
            21-09-2020, 22:15 PM
          • Reply to Rats
            by Berlingogirl
            I contacted my council and the rat man came out a couple of hours later with a T shaped tube thing full of blue grain which he put behind some bushes in the garden. It was free. I've not seen any rats since but the blue grain is going down. Apparently slugs and mice will also eat the bait....
            22-09-2020, 12:22 PM
          • Reply to Call to courts to initiate reactivation
            by Jon66
            You can send the information to court quoting the case number and ask them to include it in the bundle. If it's a mandatory ground the information will make little if any difference to the outcome.
            22-09-2020, 12:04 PM
          • Call to courts to initiate reactivation
            by OS7
            Hi,

I made a possession claim online on 07/07/2020. Obviously this was stayed and then on 21/07 I sent a query on the online possession claim portal to ask and query what to do if I want to reactivate my claim. No reply at all from courts. Via this forum I received good advice on the reactivation...
            22-09-2020, 10:44 AM
          • Reply to Issues due to neighbour extension in a semi-detached house
            by Effell
            Thank you for the suggestions. Although the neighbour did something with the pipe so the water isn't flowing here directly but I am not convinced that's been fixed properly as he was only concerned about the angle of the pipe and not the fact that it wasn't going underground. He seems to have done it...
            22-09-2020, 09:49 AM
          • Reply to Is this Section 21 valid?
            by theartfullodger
            Try "nearly legal" section 21 checker. Dates look ok.

Some tenants if asked nicely might agree earlier exit.
            22-09-2020, 09:30 AM
          Working...
          X