Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubled Tenant Please Help !!!

Hi

I have a tenant been in my house for 6 yrs not in arrears and she is on benefits rent paid directly to me.
    She also has mental health issues.

So for the past 6 months I have been receiving calls and messages from neighbours complaining of noise/partys and undesirables being in the property.
    I have spoken to the tenant regarding this on several occasions.
    Now I have had several calls from the police saying that the residents now want her out and they have contacted the council. The police have suggested that I give her notice. I have now had to replace several windows due to someone !! throwing bricks through.
    Please can you advise me on which grounds I can issue notice on.
    The Police have said that they will attend court and provide all the anti social behaviour evidence IE they have been called out 20 times this year !

Any help would be appreciated as I want to do the right thing

Do you want to evict the tenant?
    Are the police willing to provide evidence before you spend YOUR money to evict the tenant that may fail?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Hi I'm happy either way yes the police said they would provide evidence
      I just don't want the hassle and the expense of keep replacing windows!
      Also the police said they have contacted the council for an anti social order for me to control my tenant !

Comment

1st place to start, is to look at the tenancy agreement, and see which terms are being broken.
        Ask the police to provide you with evidence now.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Wouldn't the easiest be section 21?

Failing that - section 8, ground 14, but there is no guarantee a court would grant possession - though police involvement may help.
          The tenant or a person residing in or visiting the dwelling-house (a) has been guilty of conduct causing or likely to cause a nuisance or annoyance to a person residing, visiting or otherwise engaging in a lawful activity in the locality, or . . .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X