Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie looking for advice

Hi,

I am really looking for some generic advice on becoming a landlord. My current situation is that I am living with my long term partner the mortgage is in his name and I help out with the bills etc. I have around £25k in savings and looking to invest in a buy to let property.

I have a meeting with the bank this week to discuss the mortgage, for the property I am looking at the rent received each month (£550) will cover the mortgage payment of £300.

Having looked on the forum I can see there can be many things that can go wrong and I just want to be pointed in the right direction to getting started more than anything. If someone can provide me with an 'essentials' list, 'Do's and Dont's' etc so I can do some research that would be helpful or just advice on how you got started that would be great.

Originally posted by smithk View Post
    If someone can provide me with an 'essentials' list, 'Do's and Dont's' etc
    The link below is a good guide for new landlords.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...2&postcount=12

Comment

We should really have one on this forum as a sticky.

The question comes up time and time again.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X