Buying out an AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    No. If you enter to do anything other than the most urgent safety-related repairs, then that action (in tandem with the Ts' having left) may well be deemed sufficient to signal that you have accepted a surrender of the tenancy and have taken back possession.

You cannot expect the T to continue to be liable for rent once you have done that.
    Would a letter detailing works needed to the property under public protection cover safety related repairs?

Thesaint - can I say that to them? I'm torn between saying 'yeah sure here's the info', because I do have it, and 'what's it got to do with you?' as I'm offended they think I don't. The tone of the correspondance is just dreadful. Rather than just ask, they are including all the legal guidelines they have googled up from somewhere in an attempt to intimadate me along with threats of further action - of which I can only guess as she is from homeless

Comment

Originally posted by home_grown View Post
      Would a letter detailing works needed to the property under public protection cover safety related repairs?
      What works are you trying to get done, exactly?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by home_grown View Post
        Thesaint - can I say that to them? I'm torn between saying 'yeah sure here's the info', because I do have it, and 'what's it got to do with you?' as I'm offended they think I don't.
        You do not have to provide them with any information at all.
        In the circumstances, I would let them ask me nicely, or get the info themselves.

Hopefully they will change their tact once they realise you are not a pushover.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          What works are you trying to get done, exactly?
          I'm not, the tenant wanted the house deemed unfit for habitation she couldn't get her way so just threw the keys back. The homeless guys have had the property inspected and has resulted in me getting a letter. There is nothing urgent or unsafe but the letter isn't clear on that. I just wondered if the letter was sufficient to say 'I had to enter the property to carry out the works as I have a letter'

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X