Help needed re damage to property

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The locks are now changed.

    Ordinarily a replastered wall would be obvious, however, the wall was already damaged with mildew and partially painted with mildew paint so not obvious at first.

    He has literally lifted the carpet and removed concrete which has been repaired but it is clear where samples have been taken. They are like small drill holes. We only noticed this when we lifted the carpet to check the underlay as he had said the underlay was soaked which was false.


      I don't know these guys but I'd give them a ring, the law being so different over there...
      He sounds like he'll be trouble, but I'd be very inclined to find some way of proving I'd reported damage to Plod (? email??). Does your insurance require you to report criminal damage??

      You've taken lots of photos aye??
      I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


        You see I am very inclined to contact the police too, if only to get it logged. Not too sure about the insurance, I will check this tonight. I have lots of detailed photos and I have the management company coming this week to inspect it as the communal area is theirs to maintain. I am sure they will want to carry out their own investigations.


        Latest Activity


        • Advice for tenant asked for big rent rise
          by Renterthedragon
          I’m a tenant facing a sharp rent increase and in need of advice.

          I have a good landlord who agreed to a rent reduction last year because of ongoing maintenance issues and lower market values. However, I can only communicate with them through an agency.

          Approaching the end...
          18-05-2022, 22:10 PM
        • Reply to notifying utility companies of tenant change
          by ash72
          I've not found any short-cuts, as each company has their own quirks on dealing with this. It usually takes a couple of calls to a customer services person to provide the information, due to GDPR they wont say anything about the exiting T.

          Some Councils, seem to have an online form you can...
          18-05-2022, 21:21 PM
        • notifying utility companies of tenant change
          by flyingfreehold
          Does anyone have a shortcut? Right now we seem to have to hang on interminably long on the phone to provide details of leaver readings, put the account back in landlords name and then to provide new tenants' details when the place is re-let. Anyone know of a shortcut? We used to send out letters but...
          18-05-2022, 21:10 PM
        • Reply to Single parent renting
          by Hooper
          I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
          18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
        • Single parent renting
          by Dct
          A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
          18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
        • Reply to Single parent renting
          by Hudson01
          This may just be one part of it, as ' ash72' states there are a lot less rental properties now (and it will get worse in the future), rents have sky rocketed and a LL can simply pick and choose the very very best tenant. It has become even more important than ever to get the right tenant, this is due...
          18-05-2022, 19:40 PM
        • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
          by Hudson01
          As 'ash72' states you may be angry at the perceived way in which the landlord has treated you but do not mix the two up, If you wish to take on more stress after you have been evicted and may still be looking for a place to live...... which with a CCJ will be all but impossible, go ahead, but i would...
          18-05-2022, 19:14 PM
        • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
          by Forgetmeknot
          I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
          so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
          18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
        • Reply to Let a house to local council
          by ram
          If you are in flats, with service charges, the buildings insurance for residential Landlords insurance ( the Landlord of the freehold, that insures the building ) The insurance company may well cease immediately the insurance coverage.

          It happend to our block of flats ( I was the Co. Sec,
          18-05-2022, 18:54 PM
        • Let a house to local council
          by r3drum

          Have a property which is currently marketed for rent ( 2 bedroom - fully renovated ). Been about 3 weeks and not had much interest shown.

          Anyone got information or first hand knowledge around renting the property to the local councils or any other authorities which guarantee...
          20-11-2019, 11:58 AM