Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AST question, thanks

It's a great site! I am new...

Is there anyway to avoid providing landlord's address to a tenant?

Thanks

Frank

It is an offence to not provide it if requested. And you do need to provide an address for the tenant to serve notices (although that can be a different address)

Why would you object? Are you the landlord? Agent?
    All views posted reflect my personal opinion only and do not constitute professional advice which I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to provide.

Comment

You must provide an address for the service of documents, which can be anywhere in England/Wales.
      It doesn't have to be your address, but it does have to be your name.

The property owners name will be listed on the land registry anyway - obtainable for £4.

However, if the tenant asks (whoever demands rent) in writing for the details of the landlord, then it is a criminal offence if that isn't provided - and that would be your home address.

The tenancy agreement is a contract between the landlord and the tenant, so the landlords name has to be on that. The only way round that would be

1) Landlord forms a limited company and the company is the landlord (but directors names will be available form companies house)
      2) You let to a 3rd party. They will then find their own tenants, so the property occupier will have them as their landlord. I could write a book about the horror stories that have been on this forum regarding such arrangements.

Comment

Frank.............why would you not want to provide name and address?

I'm just being nosy.
        I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X