N1 Claim form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N1 Claim form

We need to get back rent owed from an old tenant of ours.

She wrote and signed a letter stating she would allow us to take £75 out of her deposit each month to use towards the rent, however she did not pay us this.

On the n1 claim form, what do I need to put for the 'Particulars of Claim'?

Also, under breif details of claim, I have just written 'claim for rent arrears'. Do I need to write more than this?

Tenants have left, but still owe rent

We have quite a few teants who we've had to evict. However, they still owe us rent money.

How can we get this money back?

Comment

Take them to court?
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Two related threads have been merged.
        I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by AALandlord View Post
          We need to get back rent owed from an old tenant of ours.

She wrote and signed a letter stating she would allow us to take £75 out of her deposit each month to use towards the rent, however she did not pay us this.
          A rather odd thing to agree. You'd be left with no deposit at the end of the tenancy, which is the whole point of a deposit.

And what do you mean that she didn't pay? Are you still holding the deposit and she is refusing to agree to release it?

On the n1 claim form, what do I need to put for the 'Particulars of Claim'?
          Keep in mind that you are explaining your claim to a judge who doesn't know anything at all about you or the claim. The purpose of the particulars is to explain, clearly, what your claim is for; the background circumstances, how much you are claiming and why.

So you say you're a landlord and you rented a residential property to Miss X. You set out the details of the tenancy; the address, the amount of rent agreed, when it started and ended, etc. You say Miss X missed several rental payments (or whatever did happen) and that you are claiming £xx in unpaid rent.

Also, under breif details of claim, I have just written 'claim for rent arrears'. Do I need to write more than this?
          No, that's fine.

Comment

http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index...formation/0-53
            Section 8 is almost always cheaper than money claims.

This applies to the above, and also any section 8 'money orders' you have been granted.
            http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...force-judgment

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Bankrupty Order
              by VictoriaH
              How much of an adverse affect can this have on a tenant?
              I've got a tenant who's playing the system, waiting for their eviction and CCJ
              What adverse affect can a bankruptcy order have over a CCJ on a tenant?...
              16-08-2022, 15:26 PM
            • Reply to Future Issues for LL and Tenants
              by jpkeates
              People will have to start paying a wage people can live on.

And if there are fewer people there, there's less support needed....
              16-08-2022, 14:59 PM
            • Future Issues for LL and Tenants
              by Hudson01
              Looking at the news today (similar to yesterday and the day before), they are talking about combined energy bills of 4-5k a year...... by April 2023. There are many properties up north where the combined rental per annum is between 6-7k....... that is insane.

Could we have a situation...
              13-08-2022, 22:08 PM
              by DoricPixie
              No teachers, no nurses, no care workers, no one collecting the rubbish and recycling? Who’s going to do all those jobs in London if they heave been forced to move out....
              16-08-2022, 14:43 PM
            • Reply to Capital Gains Tax
              by Codger
              It is upsetting to pay tax on inflation. Years ago there was a system for allowing for inflation but the tax was higher then.
              But there is no sympathy for landlords now so we cannot do much.
              16-08-2022, 14:13 PM
            • Capital Gains Tax
              by LVA
              Apologies if this has been covered in this website but I've looked and cannot find...

I bought my flat in 1997, rented it out in 2001 (ish), returned to live in it in March 2020. Its approx 27 years ownership and 7 ish years living in it.

My accountant tells me the CGT...
              16-08-2022, 12:59 PM
            • Reply to Capital Gains Tax
              by jpucng62
              But you have had 20 years of rent as well as the huge gain left after CGT!...
              16-08-2022, 14:12 PM
              by jpkeates
              That's a sensible point to make.

I wasn't suggesting that people gradually move further and further into the economic wilderness as things get worse!

I moved once, out of London and the South East, which is, in England, where I think the problem is.
              People who earn "normal...
              16-08-2022, 14:04 PM
              by royw
              And of course the rent has gone up because of greedy landlords and has absolutely nothing to do with supply and demand. Approx 10 million immigrants all of whom need a home but no one told the land manufacturers so we have no extra land to build millions of houses on (ditto water and food)....
              16-08-2022, 13:57 PM
              by LandlordWannabe
              how often should people move due to this though, are people supposed to slowly move to a worst area as life goes on wages stay the same/see small rises and inflation / energy bills/rent rises slowly cut into there disposable income ?.

the rent on my estate has gone from 600 month to 900...
              16-08-2022, 13:37 PM
            Working...
            X