London landlords needed for research project: make your views and experiences count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London landlords needed for research project: make your views and experiences count

I need to interview private landlords in London. I’m researching London’s private rented sector as part of an MSc research project. In particular, I’m looking at landlord licensing: whether there is a need for it, and what the effects might be.

I need to interview private landlords currently letting properties in the boroughs of Hackney or Newham.

Interviews will last about an hour. I can come to your workplace, or we can do the interview at LSE in Holborn, or in a quiet pub or café in your local area. If necessary, I can also do the interview over the phone. I can interview you at any time between Thursday 26 July and Monday 6 August.

All interviews will be confidential and interviewees will be completely anonymous. Your name will not appear in the report.

I can’t offer payment but I will provide snacks and drinks. Your input will add to the debate about landlord regulation in London.
    Please contact me at r.walker@lse.ac.uk

I suggest you contact letting agents instead.

They have much more time on their hands than landlords, are more easily bribed with snacks and drinks and (more importantly from your perspective) will have experience of lots of landlords and lots of properties and even more tenants.

Plus, I can tell you before you start that most landlords will just say no, they don't think they need to be licensed. Most tenants will of course say the opposite.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

From one student to another, my uni email in-box is full of offers to waste my time 'helping' some post-grad or another with their research. The going rate at Swansea is £6 a go (a couple of pints round here).

You are not going to get the quality responses you want from professional people (some of whom may work for £50+ ph) in exchange for a packet of twiglets.

I suspect the spambots will be attacking the LSE mail server tonigh

Comment

I like Twiglets.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Social Policy Student View Post
          I need to interview private landlords in London. I’m researching London’s private rented sector as part of an MSc research project. In particular, I’m looking at landlord licensing: whether there is a need for it, and what the effects might be.

I need to interview private landlords currently letting properties in the boroughs of Hackney or Newham.

Interviews will last about an hour. I can come to your workplace, or we can do the interview at LSE in Holborn, or in a quiet pub or café in your local area. If necessary, I can also do the interview over the phone. I can interview you at any time between Thursday 26 July and Monday 6 August.

All interviews will be confidential and interviewees will be completely anonymous. Your name will not appear in the report.

I can’t offer payment but I will provide snacks and drinks. Your input will add to the debate about landlord regulation in London.
          Please contact me at r.walker@lse.ac.uk
          Perhaps you could analyse the Newham Council Data which already exists, and show them how to publish a balanced report :-).

Perhaps especially why heaping costs onto the legal people and their tenants to pay for dozens of penpushers, hundreds of thousands of pieces of paper, at a cost about 5x greater than the Scottish Licensing scheme, is going to help them catch the alleged targets - illegal landlords who are already committing multiple criminal offences and who will not be filling in forms.

ML
          Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

I like Twiglets.
            Try MTG then.

You will need to buy her rail ticket from Ooop North, and give her a house in Newham.

Or Skype and send the Twiglets in the post.

The Twiglets will have to have arrived before the interview.

And a long one requies two packets.

:-)

Your better bet is to go via the Newham branch of the RLA or NLA.

ML
            Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              I like Twiglets.
              Yuk,give me a deep fried Marsbar any day
              Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X