Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Providing Access to Property

Dear All

My AST expires in July....I have been informed by my landlord that the letting agents will be coming round sometime in early february to show the property to prospective tenants. There have been numerous problems with this letting agency and they are less than reliable. I do not wish them to be coming round to show the property so early. My tenacy agreement states that i have to provide reasonable access 'during the last 28 days of the tenancy' for the purposes of prospective tenants being shown around.

1) What should i do if they try to come round outside of the last 28days of the property?
    2) What options do i have if they use their key to gain access for the purposes of showing tenants around outside of the last 28 days?
    3) Inside the last 28days, what counts as reasonable access...how much notice do they have to give me that they will be showing tenants around?

Thanks for your time

See my responses below in Red

QUOTE=99sc1610;31379]
    1) What should i do if they try to come round outside of the last 28days of the property? Write to them saying that showing people round this early is a breach of your quiet enjoyment of the property and you do not give [ermission for this to happen2) What options do i have if they use their key to gain access for the purposes of showing tenants around outside of the last 28 days?Providing you havw put in writing that you do not wish them to gain entry and they do you can sue them for entering your property without your permission! If you think they are going to do this I would change the locks which it is your right to do.
    3) Inside the last 28days, what counts as reasonable access...how much notice do they have to give me that they will be showing tenants around?YOu should be given at least 24 hours notice and if they do not follow this you can do s in 2 above!

Thanks for your time[/QUOTE]
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X