The Section 21 (4) (a) notice & saving words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Section 21 (4) (a) notice & saving words

There are a lot of template notices out there with different saving words. The LLZ one is criticized for its ambiguity, so would it be best to use the exact saving formula of Elias v Spencer? Also I am not sure about whether to bother with all of the notes included in the forms, they seem unnecessary.

Do you mean a S21(4)(a) notice?

If you don't include all the bits and pieces it's going to be easily challenged.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

The notices and guidance on this site are often recommended here as being sound:

http://www.letlink.co.uk/letting-lib...and-forms.html

Comment

Originally posted by thomas_205 View Post
        There are a lot of template notices out there with different saving words. The LLZ one is criticized for its ambiguity, so would it be best to use the exact saving formula of Elias v Spencer? Also I am not sure about whether to bother with all of the notes included in the forms, they seem unnecessary.
        If you're going to use an expiry date and a saving formula, use Elias v Spencer, but remember that it's not a binding decision as it was just a permission to appeal hearing.

I agree about the notes on most templates. They seem to be a hangover from notices to quit, and there is nothing in s.21 requiring such notes. At best, they're pointless; at worst, they could invalidate the notice.

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
          I agree about the notes on most templates. They seem to be a hangover from notices to quit, and there is nothing in s.21 requiring such notes. At best, they're pointless; at worst, they could invalidate the notice.
          Agreed. One of the cardinal rules for notices: never say more than you need to.

Comment

The title should of course be S21 (late night typing errors...)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X